1. OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (OXFORD, LYE VALLEY AREA) (RESTRICTED PARKING ZONE) ORDER 2016 2.THE OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (VARIOUS STREETS, OXFORD) (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTIONS) (VARIATION NO. 11) ORDER 2016Notice ID: MF0191136
OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
1. OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (OXFORD, LYE VALLEY AREA) (RESTRICTED PARKING ZONE) ORDER 2016 2.THE OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (VARIOUS STREETS, OXFORD) (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTIONS) (VARIATION NO. 11) ORDER 2016
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on 12 December 2016 Oxfordshire County Council made the above orders under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. The effect of the orders, which come into force on 19 December 2016 is to introduce a Restricted Parking Zone in the Lye Valley/Peat Moors area of Headington as follows: The Lye Valley area is in summary that area bounded southwest of The Slade and northwest of Hollow Way, with Peat Moors being the northern-most constituent Road and Lye Valley the Western-most.
1. Waiting Restrictions - prohibition of waiting of vehicles at any time will remain as marked at Bulan Road, Cinnamita Road, Dene Road and Peat Moors. (The time limited restriction on waiting at Cinnaminta Road will remain).The Slade will be also be subject of No Waiting at Any Time from Girdlestone Road southwards to the Holloway roundabout junction.
2. The following roads will include parking places for resident permit holders between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday: Benson Road, Bulan Road, Cinnaminta Road, Coverley Road, Dene Road, Fair View, Glebelands, Hollow Way, Inott Furze, Lye Valley, Peat Moors,The Slade and Town Furze.These parking places will also be available for 2 hour time limited parking with no return within 2 hours for non- permit holders.
3. Residents Permits will be available for residents of the following roads: Benson Road, Bulan Road, Cinnaminta Road, Coverley Road, Dene Road, Fair View, Glebelands, Inott Furze, Lye Valley, Peat Moors and Town Furze.They will also be available for residents of the following properties:
Hollow Way - Odd numbers 301 to 333; Even numbers 226 to 238 and The Slade Odd numbers 1 to 163.
All these eligible properties are known as the "Zone Addresses".
4. Residents permits will be limited to one per resident but with no restriction on the number of permits per property. A resident may obtain a temporary permit for a replacement vehicle while his permanent vehicle is off the road. A person who is temporarily resident at a Zone Address for work purposes will be eligible for a residents permit. A resident who is temporarily resident for study purpose does not qualify
5. Visitors permits will be available for residents at the Zone Addresses. Usually a maximum of 50 days' worth of permits will be issued per year and provided in blocks of 25.A temporary resident will be entitled to 25 visitors permits.
6. The following charges apply for residents and visitors permits:
The charge for residents permits per property is £60 per annum for the first two permits, £120 per annum for the third permit and £180 per annum for all other permits. Visitors permits for residents aged 70 or over is free of charge. For other residents the first block of 25 visitors permits is free and the second block 80p per permit so that the cost of the second block will be £20.
All charges are Index Linked according to the retail price index. Adjustments for index linking may be undertaken every 3 years from April 2015.
7. Business permits are available for businesses within the Zone. Permits are limited to a maximum of two permits per business. Permits are vehicle specific.The charge for each business permit is £100 per annum (or £25 for 3 months and £50 for 6 months). A business permit may only be used where it is essential for business purposes.
8. Hotels visitors permits are available for paying guests at the hotels or guest houses in the Zone.The charge for each hotel visitors permit is £1 per day.
9. All permits are specific to this Zone. A permit may be withdrawn if the permit has not been used in accordance with the provisions of the Order or where it has been abused.This may result in suspension of eligibility for further permits.
10. Parking places may only be used by vehicles which do not exceed 2.25 tonnes in weight, 2 metres in height (exclusive of any attachments), 5 metres in length and 2 metres in width. Motorcycles may also use designated parking places.
11. Exemptions to the waiting restrictions and the restrictions on use of parking places will be subject to the followingexemptions for disabled badges holders (maximum ofthree hours where there is no waiting), loading and unloading, people boarding or alighting, emergency services, universal service providers and vehicles being used in connection with road works and works to the utility services and official funeral vehicles.
12. Contractors may apply for a permit to use a parking place at a charge of £20 Index Linked for any period not exceeding a week.
13. The Oxfordshire County Council (Various Streets, Oxford) (Waiting and Loading Restriction) Consolidation Order 2009 has been amended so that roads and waiting restrictions scheduled in that order have been transferred to the new CPZ order.
Documents giving detailed particulars of the Orders are available for public inspection at www.oxfordshire.gov.uk and County Hall, New Road, Oxford, OXI IND, from 9am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday,and Headington Library,North Place,Headington, Oxford, OX3 9HY, Monday &Wednesday 9.15am - I.00pm,Tuesday &Thursday 9.15am - 7.00pm, Friday 9.I5am to 5.00pm and Saturday 9.00am - 4.30pm.
If you wish to question the validity of these orders or of any provision contained in them on the grounds that it is not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act I984, or on the grounds that any requirement of this Act or of any instrument made under it has not been complied with in relation to this Order,you may within six weeks from the I2 December 20I6 apply to the High Court for this purpose.
Traffic Regulation Team, (Ref.AK/DG) for the Director for Environment and Economy, Oxfordshire County Council, County Hall, Oxford, OXI IND.