Abingdon Baptist Church Oxfordshire - Certificate of AuthorisationNotice ID:
Planning (listed buildings and conservation areas) Act 1990 Ecclesiastical Exemption (listed buildings and conservation areas) Order 1994
TAKE NOTICE that pursuant to the procedures of the Baptist Union of Great Britain and the Baptist Union of Wales for the purposes of the above named Order Abingdon Baptist Church Oxfordshire has applied to the Listed Buildings Advisory Committee for a Certificate of Authorisation to carry out the following works to their premises:
Work will be carried out on both the ground floor and first floor which includes the following:
- New Glazed Entrance Doors & Glazed Screens to replace the existing timber panels
- Front Elevation to be painted with a new lighting scheme Existing wall to entrance foyer to be removed enlarging the welcome area with new folding glass screen to allow light into the church
- New underfloor heating on the ground floor new radiators on the first floor all with a new boiler
- New lighting & AV/PA equipment with cabling concealed
- The existing pews will be removed and replaced with chairs
- Internal walls will be made good and painted
- New internal doors to stairwells & into back hall
- New Cinema seating to first floor
- The best pews to be fixed on the first floor
- Increase the height & improve the stepped access to the Baptistery
- New Dias with integrated cover to Baptistery
- New focus point for church
- New double glazed sash windows to match existing
The Church building is listed Grade II and is in a conservation area.
Further details of the proposal may be obtained from Kelvin Sampson, JBKS Architects Suite, 1 Parkwood Stud, London Road, Watlington OX49 5SP.
Tel No 01844 350101
Email: - email@example.com with whom arrangements may be made to inspect the building and the plans and other documents.
Representations must be sent in writing to: The Secretary, Listed Buildings Advisory Committee, Baptist Union of Great Britain, Baptist House, PO Box 44, 129 Broadway, Didcot, Oxon OX11 8RT and be received by 13 March 2012.