(OXFORD - CANCER RESEARCH UK RACE FOR LIFE) (SPECIAL EVENT) ORDER 2021Notice ID: MFN0615089
OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
(OXFORD - CANCER RESEARCH UK RACE FOR LIFE) (SPECIAL EVENT) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on 16 August 2021 Oxfordshire County Council proposes to make the above order under Section 16A of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. This Order is to facilitate the holding of the Oxford -Cancer Research UK Race for Life on Sunday 22 August 2021, which is promoted by Cancer Research UK, 2 Redman Place, London E201JQ. The Council is satisfied it is not practicable to hold the whole event off road. The effect of the order is to prohibit vehicles from proceeding in the following roads:
1) Between 8:30 & 12:45 - **St Cross Road, "South Parks Road, **Longwall Street and *High Street
('except Buses and Taxis) from The Plain to St Aldates; and between 08:30 & 13:10 as follows:
2) Queens Lane, New College Lane and Catte Street;
3) "Parks Road will only be available for property access southbound from Banbury Road;
4) Southbound traffic will be suspended in "Norham Gardens south of Bradmore Road (and diverted along Bradmore Road);
("No Waiting restrictions will also apply/parking suspended)
5) Due to closures access will be restricted to Holywell Street, Jowett Walk, Manor Road, Mansfield Road and Savile Road.
The relevant provisions of the Oxfordshire County Council (City of Oxford) (Central Area) (Traffic Management) (Consolidation) Order 2003 (as amended) will be suspended to allow controlled two-way use for light vehicles (under 7.5t) both ways through Turl Street, and access from Banbury Road into/for Keble Road, Blackhall Road and Museum Road.
6) from 09:30 to 12:45 - Edgeway Road will be closed to the junction with Ferry Road, and Ferry Road to the cycle path. Exemptions are included for emergency services and for controlled access.
Alternative routes for traffic affected by the closures in the city centre are via the Oxford Ring Road, Marston Ferry Road, Marston Road from the north, and via Iffley Road, Donnington Bridge Road and Abingdon Road from the south and east, and vice versa.
Documents, including the Order, maps and a Statement of Reasons for the proposed Order, are available for public inspection at County Hall, New Road, Oxford 0X11ND from 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday. (Ref.MS) Traffic Regulation Team for the Director for Infrastructure Delivery, County Hall, Oxford, 0X1 1ND. Tel 0345 3101111.