REPRESENTATION OF THE PEOPLE ACT 1983 LOCAL GOVERNMENT ELECTION FOR THE BANBURY RUSCOTE DIVISION OF OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL HELD ON 6 MAY 2021Notice ID: MFN0612680
OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
REPRESENTATION OF THE PEOPLE ACT 1983 LOCAL GOVERNMENT ELECTION FOR THE BANBURY RUSCOTE DIVISION OF OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL HELD ON 6 MAY 2021
Notice is hereby given that a petition has been presented in the High Court on behalf of the petitioner, Mark David Cherry of 58 Appleby Close, Banbury, Oxfordshire, 0X16 OUX. The petition shows:
1. The Petitioner Mark David Cherry is a person who was a candidate at the above election.
2. The election was held on 6 May 2021 when Jayne Claire Strangwood and Steve Buckwell were also candidates.
3. On 9 May 2021 Yvonne Rees ("the Returning Officer") declared that the number of votes received for each
candidate was as follows: _
Mark David Cherry__795_
Jayne Claire Strangwood I 1173
and the Returning Officer declared Jayne Claire Strangwood as the duly elected councillor for the Banbury Ruscote Division of the Oxfordshire County Council.
4. The votes cast were not counted and/or added up and/or attributed to the candidates correctly.
THE Petitioner therefore prays that:
(1) It may be ordered that there be a re-count of the votes recorded as having been cast in the election;
(2) It may be determined that the said Jayne Claire Strangwood was not duly elected and/or that the Petitioner was duly elected and/or that the election was void;
(3) That the Petitioner may have such further or other relief as may be just.
Dated Thursday 10 June 2021 Ms Yvonne Rees
issued by the Returning Officer for the Oxfordshire County Council, of County Hall, New Road, Oxford, 0X11ND