ANNOUNCEMENT OF INTENTION NOT TO PREPARE AN ENVIRONMENTAL STATEMENT Regulation 5 Of theNotice ID: MFN0594055
ANNOUNCEMENT OF INTENTION NOT TO PREPARE AN ENVIRONMENTAL STATEMENT Regulation 5 Of the
Environmental Impact Assessment (Land Drainage Improvement Works) (Amended) Regulations 1999 S11999/1783 GODSTOW WEIR B REPLACEMENT
The Environment Agency gives notice that it proposes to carry out a weir replacement project at Godstow Weir B (Godstow Trout Weir) on the River Thames in Wolvercote, Oxfordshire (NGR SP4841609246). The works will entail:
* dismantling of the existing weir and associated features, including access walkway and electrical cabinet, extension both upstream and downstream of the existing concrete apron sited on the weir stream bed;
* construction of a new weir approximately 2 metres further downstream from the site of the existing weir;
* new access arrangements for the weir, comprising stepped access onto the island;
* a larinier fish pass constructed on the right side of the weir (looking downstream);
* a temporary construction compound adjacent to Godstow Abbey;
* temporary bank stabilisation works between the construction compound and the island
* enabling works on adjacent island, including advanced tree works (subject to separate consent)
Construction is planned from Spring 2021 and will last approximately 10 months.
The Environment Agency considers that the improvement works are not likely to have significant effects on the environment and does not intend to prepare an environmental statement in respect of them. A non-statutory environmental assessment has been carried out on these works and has informed the design and construction methodology. A copy of the Environmental Report is available on request from the email/postal address below. Any person wishing to make representations in relation to the likely environmental effects of the proposed improvement works should do so, in writing, to the address specified below, within 30 days of the date of publication of this notice.
Nick Leishman (Project Manager), Environment Agency, Kings Meadow House, Kings Meadow Road, Reading RG1 8DQ