Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
Listicle: The top 10 freak injuries suffered by footballers.
Updated 11:27am Friday 24th January 2014 in The weird, the wacky and the unbelievable
OXFORD City goalkeeper Victor Francoz has put himself out of action after rescuing a cat up a tree. You can read his story here after reading about other footballers whose injuries raised an eyebrow.
TOP TEN FREAK INJURIES
- Dave Beasant: The ex-Chelsea keeper missed the start of the 1993/94 season after dropping a jar of salad cream on a foot.
- Santiago Canizares: The Valencia stopper missed the 2002 World Cup with a severed foot tendon after dropping a bottle of aftershave.
- Richard Wright: The keeper dislocated a shoulder falling out of his loft packing away suitcases after a holiday.
- John Durnin: The ex-Oxford United striker dislocated an elbow after crashing a golf buggy.
- Ivano Bonetti: The Grimsby frontman suffered a fractured cheekbone after frustrated boss Brian Laws threw a plate of chicken wings at him.
- Kevin Kyle: Former Scotland striker was sidelined after scalding a testicle with boiling water while trying to feed his son.
- David Batty: The ex-Leeds midfielder was crocked after his three-year-old daughter crashed into his injured ankle.
- Phillipe Mexes: AC Milan player was ruled out with a eye injury caused by spending too long on a sunbed.
- Liam Lawrence: Stoke City midfielder injured his ankle tripping over his pet Labrador and falling down the stairs.
- David James: The former England keeper strained a muscle in his back reaching for the TV remote.