Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
RUGBY UNION: The numbers game
Chinnor earned promotion to English rugby’s fourth tier after a truly determined team effort. Here is the numbers' game. See Tuesday’s paper for full report.
Competition: National 3 South play-off
Score: Chinnor 19, Tonbridge Juddians 8
Chinnor player ratings:
15. Henry Colver 8 (consistent and composed)
14. Pip Seymour 8 (made most of his opportunities)
13. Matt Goode 9 (carried and ran superbly)
12. Sam Stoop 8 (spot on tactically)
11. Mark Chase 8 (took his try well)
10. James Cathcart 9 (the kicking king)
9. Frank Jones 8 (some incisive breaks)
1. Joe Winpenny 9 (STAR MAN, excellent scrummaging and commitment)
2. Simon Tattersall 9 (shone in tough conditions)
3. Joe Pickett 9 (a force to be reckoned with)
4. Tom Mowbray 8 (a real warrior)
5. Andy Smith 8 (rock solid)
6. Harry Jackman 8 (utterly reliable)
7. Alex Waddingham 8 (great energy throughout)
8. Liam Gilbert 8 (made up for early sin-binning)
16. Tom Whelan 8 (kept scrum firing)
17. Ian Stock 8 (part of a great team effort)
18. Nick Harrison 8 (combative game)
19. Tom Gray 8 (brief cameo, but nobody deserved to be marked down)
Referee: Graham Dickens (Midlands) – 5 (not always clear in his decisions)
Entertainment rating: 9.
Highlight: Chinnor’s never-say-die defence in the first half.
Lowlight: The cold, windy weather.
Form guide: This was rich reward for a Chinnor side who have had a great season.