London Welsh lost 38-24 to Wasps in their clash at Adams Park, Wycombe, yesterday.
Justin Burnell’s side, who ran in ten unanswered tries in their win over Henley a week ago, found life a lot tougher against their Aviva Premiership rivals.
Welsh’s points came courtesy of tries from Nick Scott, a penalty try and Chris Elder, while Olly Barkley kicked two conversions and a penalty, with Tristan Roberts also slotting a conversion.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- DARTS: Pairs whitewash seals it for Challow British Legion
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list
- Callum O'Dowda praised by Martin O'Neill after first Ireland training session
- CRICKET: Sabin shines as Banbury beat weather to stay top
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire suffer fourth successive defeat in Trophy
- GOLF: Pepperell secures top-ten finish in Ireland with superb 66
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith happy with improved performance in Italy
- WEEKEND RESULTS May 21-22
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to make mark with Republic of Ireland squad