London Welsh lost 38-24 to Wasps in their clash at Adams Park, Wycombe, yesterday.
Justin Burnell’s side, who ran in ten unanswered tries in their win over Henley a week ago, found life a lot tougher against their Aviva Premiership rivals.
Welsh’s points came courtesy of tries from Nick Scott, a penalty try and Chris Elder, while Olly Barkley kicked two conversions and a penalty, with Tristan Roberts also slotting a conversion.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Canice Carroll eyes Oxford United starting role after signing three-year deal
- RUGBY UNION: Relieved David Hyde delighted to help Oxfordshire claim historic Twickenham triumph
- POINT-TO-POINT: Irish delight after emphatic victory at Kingston Blount
- RUGBY UNION: Twickenham victory will give Oxfordshire platform for the future, says head coach Craig Burrows
- MOTORSPORT: Double points finish in Monaco shows Haas are growing in Formula 1, says Romain Grosjean
- DARTS: In-form Red Lion roar to another win in ODDA
- GOLF: Drayton Park welcomes bumper field for Irish championship
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell clinches US Open spot after superb qualifying display
- Michael Appleton confident Oxford United are close to new signing
- Oxford United denied cash boost from Kemar Roofe transfer after Leeds United's failure to make play-offs