London Welsh lost 38-24 to Wasps in their clash at Adams Park, Wycombe, yesterday.
Justin Burnell’s side, who ran in ten unanswered tries in their win over Henley a week ago, found life a lot tougher against their Aviva Premiership rivals.
Welsh’s points came courtesy of tries from Nick Scott, a penalty try and Chris Elder, while Olly Barkley kicked two conversions and a penalty, with Tristan Roberts also slotting a conversion.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton
- Tough pre-season games are helping Oxford United get set for League One, says Chey Dunkley
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United women pay for individual errors as they lose late on to Everton
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw looking forward to competing at Spa
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL continue losing sequence away to Coventry Bears
- FOOTBALL: Mark Janes scores twice for Banbury United after signing from Didcot Town
- DARTS: Tributes paid to young Oxon player Ryan Bull after death at 20
- GOLF: Heythrop Park to host Challenge Tour event
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver so hungry for more after taking on world
- Liam Sercombe gets fitness boost but Oxford United await news on Alex MacDonald scan