CONFERENCE LEAGUE SOUTH
OXFORD Cavaliers have quit the league with immediate effect due to an injury crisis and a lack of players.
The announcement comes after Cavaliers’ A team quit the West of England Premier League earlier this season for the same reasons.
“The position moving forward was clearly unsustainable for the club”, said league administrator David Lowe.
All remaining games involving Oxford will be awarded to the opposition with a 24-0 default scoreline.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton confident Oxford United are close to new signing
- Oxford United denied cash boost from Kemar Roofe transfer after Leeds United's failure to make play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire clinch first Twickenham win after dramatic finale
- RESULTS: May 27-28
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League reports
- MOTORSPORT: Haas and Williams in the points at Monaco Grand Prix
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire