CONFERENCE LEAGUE SOUTH
OXFORD Cavaliers have quit the league with immediate effect due to an injury crisis and a lack of players.
The announcement comes after Cavaliers’ A team quit the West of England Premier League earlier this season for the same reasons.
“The position moving forward was clearly unsustainable for the club”, said league administrator David Lowe.
All remaining games involving Oxford will be awarded to the opposition with a 24-0 default scoreline.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships