CONFERENCE LEAGUE SOUTH
OXFORD Cavaliers have quit the league with immediate effect due to an injury crisis and a lack of players.
The announcement comes after Cavaliers’ A team quit the West of England Premier League earlier this season for the same reasons.
“The position moving forward was clearly unsustainable for the club”, said league administrator David Lowe.
All remaining games involving Oxford will be awarded to the opposition with a 24-0 default scoreline.
Latest Sport news
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- RUGBY UNION: Super Danny Barnes is hat-trick hero as Chinnor run riot in 12-try show
- DARTS: Oxfordshire make home start in County Championship
- GOLF: Oxford City narrow the gap on leaders Frilford Heath
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Henley Hawks dig deep to see off Exmouth
- RUGBY UNION: Witney’s winning start in South West 1 East comes to abrupt end
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails Oxford United resilience after hitting back for draw
- Kane Hemmings hopes impact from bench can lead to Oxford United start