CONFERENCE LEAGUE SOUTH
OXFORD Cavaliers have quit the league with immediate effect due to an injury crisis and a lack of players.
The announcement comes after Cavaliers’ A team quit the West of England Premier League earlier this season for the same reasons.
“The position moving forward was clearly unsustainable for the club”, said league administrator David Lowe.
All remaining games involving Oxford will be awarded to the opposition with a 24-0 default scoreline.
Latest Sport news
- Rochdale 0, Oxford United 4 (Johnson 18, Hall 29, Taylor 53, Ledson 73)
- UPDATES - Rochdale v Oxford United
- Oxford United handed boost with key Rochdale defender serving suspension
- Marvin Johnson looking for more of the same when Oxford United visit Rochdale
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We’re recharged for busy league and cup schedule
- SWIMMING: David Murphy delivers masterclass to set more records at Arena Pro Swim Series
- TABLE TENNIS: Bicester squeeze past Holton in Aubrey Hughes Handicap Shield opener
- ANGLING: Alan Steele clinches Victory Cup
- INDOOR CRICKET: Chipping Norton and Ruscote title race goes down to the wire
- ON CUE: Q Zone go top of Gentworks Oxford & District Snooker League