Oxford make their third trip to the South Leeds Stadium on Sunday when they tackle the Hunslet Hawks, looking to record their first win in four matches against their second-placed opponents in Kingstone Press Championship 1.
A 68-6 hammering for Oxford in the Challenge Cup was followed by 46-20 league defeat at Iffley Road and a 32-12 away loss.
Hawks suffered a 24-23 defeat in their top-table clash with Oldham last week, so will be looking to bounce back.
Oxford coach Tony Benson said: “It’s going to be a difficult challenge.
“But if you look at the results, we have improved each time.
“The winning margin has reduced so we will go into this clash full of confidence and I firmly believe we can cause an upset.”
Oxford should welcome back Sam Blaney who missed last week’s defeat by Gateshead.
Oxford (v Hunslet away) from: Benson, Blaney, Blewitt, Briggs, Brooker, Crabtree, Connick , Davies, Egerton, Ellison, Evans , Hoggins, Hayles, Lynch, J Morris, S Morris, Mulkeen, Newton, O'Keeffe, Parker, Rice, Roden, Rowland, Sharratt, Slade-Jones, Thompson, Vickers, Winfield, Wright.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- HORSE RACING: Mark Bradstock thrilled with Coneygree's return to action
- FOOTBALL: Arran Gray’s hat-trick clinches North Berks League Division 4 title for Blewbury
- FOOTBALL: Superlative Kidlington make it perfect season in Oxford Mail Under 12 Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Chequers win dramatic Oxford City FA Premier Cup final on penalties
- FOOTBALL: Dan Bott’s brace helps Chipping Norton to finish fourth in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City’s ladies ease to cup final win
- FOOTBALL: Wayne Blossom shines with double as KEA secure Oxfordshire Junior Shield
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: George Corti’s four-timer is in vain for Botley Boys
- Roger James double sees North Leigh beat Oxford United to lift Oxon Senior Cup