Oxford make their third trip to the South Leeds Stadium on Sunday when they tackle the Hunslet Hawks, looking to record their first win in four matches against their second-placed opponents in Kingstone Press Championship 1.
A 68-6 hammering for Oxford in the Challenge Cup was followed by 46-20 league defeat at Iffley Road and a 32-12 away loss.
Hawks suffered a 24-23 defeat in their top-table clash with Oldham last week, so will be looking to bounce back.
Oxford coach Tony Benson said: “It’s going to be a difficult challenge.
“But if you look at the results, we have improved each time.
“The winning margin has reduced so we will go into this clash full of confidence and I firmly believe we can cause an upset.”
Oxford should welcome back Sam Blaney who missed last week’s defeat by Gateshead.
Oxford (v Hunslet away) from: Benson, Blaney, Blewitt, Briggs, Brooker, Crabtree, Connick , Davies, Egerton, Ellison, Evans , Hoggins, Hayles, Lynch, J Morris, S Morris, Mulkeen, Newton, O'Keeffe, Parker, Rice, Roden, Rowland, Sharratt, Slade-Jones, Thompson, Vickers, Winfield, Wright.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- I expect to score for Oxford United despite left-field switch – Ryan Taylor
- Michael Appleton searching for a cure to Oxford United's Jekyll & Hyde form
- Oxford United loan extension appeals to Charlie Raglan
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell set to miss cut after disastrous second round
- Port Vale sign former Newcastle United midfielder Ryan Taylor ahead of Oxford United clash
- Oxford United to honour 1996 promotion winners
- FOOTBALL: General manager Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to build on Poole Town win
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town boss Andy Ballard moves quickly to fill Luke Carnell void
- RUGBY UNION: Alan Hancock backs youthful Oxford Harlequins to step up in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Elliott Osborne-Ricketts leaves North Leigh for Kidlington