CONFERENCE LEAGUE SOUTH
OXFORD Cavaliers slipped to a 58-16 home defeat against Nottingham Outlaws, despite having led 16-6.
Cavaliers’ third straight loss saw them fall four points behind Nottingham and Valley Cougars, while leaders Sheffield Hallam Eagles march on with a 100 per cent record.
Hit by several call-ups for Oxford RL the following day, Cavaliers led 10-0 and then 16-6 after 20 minutes.
Andy Winfield bagged a try and two goals, while Owen Hunt and Jim Roden also crossed over.
However, James Goodwin led the way for Nottingham with a hat-trick of tries.
Joe Barton added two, while Jonathan Shields, Adrian Chaima, Chris Prime, Alex Whittle and Joseph Goulty also crossed over.
Shields also kicked nine conversions.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- Oxford United add Barnet trip to pre-season schedule
- FOOTBALL: Teams to play in tournament in memory of Derek Measor
- FOOTBALL: Charlbury Town Under 12s land national title with 2-0 victory at King Power Stadium
- CRICKET: Cherwell League round-up – Dominant Cumnor again thwarted by weather
- CRICKET: OCA League round-up – Atkins stars as Charlbury beat Stonesfield and the rain
- AUNT SALLY: Magnificent Andy Lewis goes close to joining the maximum men in Greene King Oxford & District League
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise