LONDON Welsh have bolstered their pack by signing Tonga prop forward Eddie Aholelei.
The 32-year-old joins from Super 15 side Melbourne Rebels and will link up with international teammate, and fellow prop, Taione Vea ahead of their return to the Aviva Premiership.
Aholelei scored a try on his international debut against Japan last year and has gone on to win six caps for Tonga, including a start against Wales at the Millennium Stadium in November.
He is the latest international to sign up for the Exiles, who play their home games at the Kassam Stadium, following the capture of New Zealand star Piri Weepu last Friday.
Latest Sport news
- WEEKEND RESULTS: May 28-29
- CRICKET: Horspath stretch unbeaten start to four games after Shipton-under-Wychwood collapse
- CRICKET: Dain Moreton's century inspires Great & Little Tew to victory over Harefield
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1
- POINT-TO-POINT: Alan Hill hoping for Kingston Blount glory
- BOXING: Clarke and Robinson claim wins for Blackbird Leys
- KAYAKING: Ava Dale to show off Great Britain vest