Chinnor's new signing Daz Oliver says his first priority is to cement a place in the National 2 South side’s line-up.
The giant lock was brought in following a recommendation to coach Matt Williams by fellow RAF serviceman Andrew Tibbatts, who recently re-joined Chinnor.
Oliver, who is 6ft 6 ins tall and weighs more than 18 stone, is based at RAF Halton in Buckinghamshire.
A key member of the RAF Rugby team, Oliver has recently returned from duty in Afghanistan and was previously based at RAF Leuchars in Fife, Scotland.
And he says he is looking forward to his latest mission.
“I’m excited to be relocating to RAF Halton and getting the boots back on after a year out,” said Oliver.
“I want to cement by place in the Chinnor team then take that form into the Army/Navy Championship. A big year is ahead.”
Williams was delighted with the new signing.
“Upon hearing Daz was relocating to RAF Halton, Tibbo (Andrew Tibbatts) was on my case to bring him to Oxfordshire.
“There has been a lot of interest in Daz which is not surprising as he is big, hard and knows his way round the field.”
Chinnor have also re-signed Fijian No 8 Ledua Jope.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Curtis Nelson calls on Oxford United to learn from Port Vale draw
- Oxford United defender Joe Skarz happy with return from injury but frustrated with Port Vale draw
- There are some good signs, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton after 2-2 draw at Port Vale
- FOOTBALL: Skipper Scott Davies is sent off as depleted Oxford City hold on for point
- Weekend results: October 22 & 23
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United's fine unbeaten run is ended at hands of Frome
- FOOTBALL: Last-gasp Jordan Graham goal earns Didcot Town a point at Hereford
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith pleased with points haul at Phillip Island
- MOTORSPORT: Felipe Massa lands top ten spot for Williams at US Grand Prix