Chinnor's new signing Daz Oliver says his first priority is to cement a place in the National 2 South side’s line-up.
The giant lock was brought in following a recommendation to coach Matt Williams by fellow RAF serviceman Andrew Tibbatts, who recently re-joined Chinnor.
Oliver, who is 6ft 6 ins tall and weighs more than 18 stone, is based at RAF Halton in Buckinghamshire.
A key member of the RAF Rugby team, Oliver has recently returned from duty in Afghanistan and was previously based at RAF Leuchars in Fife, Scotland.
And he says he is looking forward to his latest mission.
“I’m excited to be relocating to RAF Halton and getting the boots back on after a year out,” said Oliver.
“I want to cement by place in the Chinnor team then take that form into the Army/Navy Championship. A big year is ahead.”
Williams was delighted with the new signing.
“Upon hearing Daz was relocating to RAF Halton, Tibbo (Andrew Tibbatts) was on my case to bring him to Oxfordshire.
“There has been a lot of interest in Daz which is not surprising as he is big, hard and knows his way round the field.”
Chinnor have also re-signed Fijian No 8 Ledua Jope.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United 2 (Nelson 16, Hall 17), Shrewsbury Town 0
- Oxford United v Shrewsbury Town - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s our final game but we won’t be in cruise control
- Oxford United unveil new home kit
- Permutations: Nine teams in League One have all to play for in final game today
- Oxford United in talks to extend contract of skipper John Lundstram beyond next season
- Oxford United out to sign off on a high against Shrewsbury
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn’s offered Olympic trial despite defeat
- MOTORSPORT: Renault driver Jolyon Palmer is against new safety shield
- BASKETBALL: Oxfordshire trio in junior regional side