Chinnor's new signing Daz Oliver says his first priority is to cement a place in the National 2 South side’s line-up.
The giant lock was brought in following a recommendation to coach Matt Williams by fellow RAF serviceman Andrew Tibbatts, who recently re-joined Chinnor.
Oliver, who is 6ft 6 ins tall and weighs more than 18 stone, is based at RAF Halton in Buckinghamshire.
A key member of the RAF Rugby team, Oliver has recently returned from duty in Afghanistan and was previously based at RAF Leuchars in Fife, Scotland.
And he says he is looking forward to his latest mission.
“I’m excited to be relocating to RAF Halton and getting the boots back on after a year out,” said Oliver.
“I want to cement by place in the Chinnor team then take that form into the Army/Navy Championship. A big year is ahead.”
Williams was delighted with the new signing.
“Upon hearing Daz was relocating to RAF Halton, Tibbo (Andrew Tibbatts) was on my case to bring him to Oxfordshire.
“There has been a lot of interest in Daz which is not surprising as he is big, hard and knows his way round the field.”
Chinnor have also re-signed Fijian No 8 Ledua Jope.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton hoping to bring in two on deadline day
- Oxford United 4 (T Roberts 12, Maguire pen 36, Taylor 68, MacDonald 71), Exeter City 2 (Jay 43, McAlinden 61)
- Oxford United v Exeter City - LIVE
- Oxford United eye loan market for winger after permanent move for top target stalls
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match against Exeter?
- Simon Eastwood braced for ‘different’ mood as Oxford United set for low Checkatrade Trophy attendance
- FOOTBALL: Stuttering Oxford City beaten by ten-man Gosport Borough
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ella Franklin-Fraiture strike in vain as Oxford United fall to Durham defeat
- FOOTBALL: Superb North Leigh beat Swindon Supermarine to make four wins in a row
- DARTS: West Oxford Democrats Club survive scare to stay top of Section 2