Chinnor's new signing Daz Oliver says his first priority is to cement a place in the National 2 South side’s line-up.
The giant lock was brought in following a recommendation to coach Matt Williams by fellow RAF serviceman Andrew Tibbatts, who recently re-joined Chinnor.
Oliver, who is 6ft 6 ins tall and weighs more than 18 stone, is based at RAF Halton in Buckinghamshire.
A key member of the RAF Rugby team, Oliver has recently returned from duty in Afghanistan and was previously based at RAF Leuchars in Fife, Scotland.
And he says he is looking forward to his latest mission.
“I’m excited to be relocating to RAF Halton and getting the boots back on after a year out,” said Oliver.
“I want to cement by place in the Chinnor team then take that form into the Army/Navy Championship. A big year is ahead.”
Williams was delighted with the new signing.
“Upon hearing Daz was relocating to RAF Halton, Tibbo (Andrew Tibbatts) was on my case to bring him to Oxfordshire.
“There has been a lot of interest in Daz which is not surprising as he is big, hard and knows his way round the field.”
Chinnor have also re-signed Fijian No 8 Ledua Jope.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Captain Kat Nutman leads by example as Oxford United beat Watford
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL suffer ninth-straight loss in Doncaster defeat
- FOOTBALL: Lewis Gabbidon lands double honour at Kidlington presentation night
- GOLF: Superb Adam Wootton wins CK Group PGA Kent Open Championship
- DARTS: Pairs whitewash seals it for Challow British Legion
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list