Chinnor's new signing Daz Oliver says his first priority is to cement a place in the National 2 South side’s line-up.
The giant lock was brought in following a recommendation to coach Matt Williams by fellow RAF serviceman Andrew Tibbatts, who recently re-joined Chinnor.
Oliver, who is 6ft 6 ins tall and weighs more than 18 stone, is based at RAF Halton in Buckinghamshire.
A key member of the RAF Rugby team, Oliver has recently returned from duty in Afghanistan and was previously based at RAF Leuchars in Fife, Scotland.
And he says he is looking forward to his latest mission.
“I’m excited to be relocating to RAF Halton and getting the boots back on after a year out,” said Oliver.
“I want to cement by place in the Chinnor team then take that form into the Army/Navy Championship. A big year is ahead.”
Williams was delighted with the new signing.
“Upon hearing Daz was relocating to RAF Halton, Tibbo (Andrew Tibbatts) was on my case to bring him to Oxfordshire.
“There has been a lot of interest in Daz which is not surprising as he is big, hard and knows his way round the field.”
Chinnor have also re-signed Fijian No 8 Ledua Jope.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- Oxford United's Emirates FA Cup replay not selected for live television coverage
- RUGBY UNION: Former Oxford-based club London Welsh go into liquidation
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four