London Welsh head Justin Burnell has tipped former England lock Dean Schofield to make a big impact at the club.
Schofield, 35, was yesterday announced as Welsh’s 19th signing of the summer as they build towards their Aviva Premiership return.
“Dean is a big man with a wealth of experience from a technical and tactical aspect of the game, which is very important for us, and his leadership quality speaks for itself,” said Burnell.
Schofield has signed from Worcester Warriors, whom he joined from French giants RC Toulon in 2012.
He tweeted: “Looking forward to meeting everyone at my new club @LondonWelshRFC on Monday #freshstart #newchallenge”
The 6ft 6in 20st second row earned two England caps while a Sale Sharks player in 2007.
He won the Premiership title with Sale in 2006, having helped them land the European Challenge Cup at the Kassam Stadium in 2005.
Schofield has 191 Premiership appearances and has captained Sale and Worcester.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United run out of time in plans for temporary fourth stand against Wycombe Wanderers
- We have no reason to change preparations, says Oxford United striker Chris Maguire
- FOOTBALL: Oxford Blackbirds crowned Oxford Mail Youth League's Under 12 Division C champions
- Ollie Mersch's superb century for Minster Lovell brushes aside Combe
- Mike Ford hoping to keep star men at Banbury United
- CRICKET: Charlbury's Ashley Rump hammers super 196 not out to batter Radley in OCA
- AUNT SALLY: Barry Townsend so close to a maximum
- FOOTBALL: Berinsfield stay top but North Berks title hopes rest with rivals
- FOOTBALL: Horatio Hirst hammers four-timer as Oxfordshire seal title glory
- FOOTBALL: West Witney beat Carterton Town to boost Witney & District FA title challenge