Oxford's Gus Jones continued his impressive try-scoring form as England Under 20s beat Australia 38-24 in the IRB Junior World Championship.
The flanker, who has now touched down seven times in three matches, helped England to victory at the QBE Stadium in Auckland, New Zealand.
Holders England, for whom Milton-under-Wychwood’s Henry Purdy started on the wing, were watched by their senior counterparts, who face New Zealand in today’s first test at Eden Park (8.35am).
- Latest Sport news
- Sheffield United 2 (Sharp 65, Wilson 73), Oxford United 1 (Hemmings 16)
- LIVE - Sheffield United v Oxford United
- Oxford United forward Chris Maguire eager to keep Sheffield United quiet
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It is crucial we start well to silence the home support
- MOTORSPORT: Williams duo Bottas and Massa ready for Spa test
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire beat Bedfordshire in final to win Wormsley T20
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women's captain Kat Nutman could return at Durham
- CRICKET: Max Smith's super spell speeds Oxford Under 17s to second national title in three years
- ANGLING: Champions Drennan win again thanks to the Hobbs
- Patient Joe Rothwell hoping first Oxford United start left a lasting impression