Oxford's Gus Jones continued his impressive try-scoring form as England Under 20s beat Australia 38-24 in the IRB Junior World Championship.
The flanker, who has now touched down seven times in three matches, helped England to victory at the QBE Stadium in Auckland, New Zealand.
Holders England, for whom Milton-under-Wychwood’s Henry Purdy started on the wing, were watched by their senior counterparts, who face New Zealand in today’s first test at Eden Park (8.35am).
- Latest Sport news
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- VIDEO: Watch Oxford United signing Tyler Roberts scoring for West Brom
- Kane Hemmings out to make immediate impact at Oxford United
- Majority of Oxford United fans in poll prepared to boycott EFL Trophy
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Tom Anstice claims three titles and breaks Radley club record
- BOWLS: Singles champion Chris Gilkes comes so close to historic Oxfordshire title double
- BOWLS: Headington and Carterton to vie for Oxfordshire League crown
- ATHLETICS: James Bolton wins Waddesdon Manor 5km title
- RUGBY UNION: Scrum half Greg Goodfellow backs Richard Thorpe to be big hit at Chinnor
- BAR BILLIARDS: Berinsfield in fine form in Johnson’s Buildbase Oxford & District Summer League