Oxford's Gus Jones continued his impressive try-scoring form as England Under 20s beat Australia 38-24 in the IRB Junior World Championship.
The flanker, who has now touched down seven times in three matches, helped England to victory at the QBE Stadium in Auckland, New Zealand.
Holders England, for whom Milton-under-Wychwood’s Henry Purdy started on the wing, were watched by their senior counterparts, who face New Zealand in today’s first test at Eden Park (8.35am).
- Latest Sport news
- Charlton Athletic 0, Oxford United 1 (McAleny 11)
- UPDATES - Charlton Athletic v Oxford United
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must forget FA Cup and make most of game in hand at Charlton Athletic
- Michael Appleton: We must be 'clever' to solve Oxford United's selection jigsaw
- FOOTBALL: Steve Roberts strikes twice as Heyford Athletic beat Cropredy
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- RUGBY UNION: Second-half show guides leaders Chinnor to vital victory as Henley Hawks also triumph
- HOCKEY: Lucy Stewart’s super double secures comeback victory for Oxford Hawks
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins complete double over Banbury, while Witney and Grove also taste victory
- DARTS: Peachcroft make their class tell to sink Kings Arms in Oxford League