Oxford's Gus Jones continued his impressive try-scoring form as England Under 20s beat Australia 38-24 in the IRB Junior World Championship.
The flanker, who has now touched down seven times in three matches, helped England to victory at the QBE Stadium in Auckland, New Zealand.
Holders England, for whom Milton-under-Wychwood’s Henry Purdy started on the wing, were watched by their senior counterparts, who face New Zealand in today’s first test at Eden Park (8.35am).
- Latest Sport news
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails Oxford United resilience after hitting back for draw
- Kane Hemmings hopes impact from bench can lead to Oxford United start
- FOOTBALL Oxford City lose their way on nightmare day as they slip into the bottom two
- WEEKEND RESULTS September 24 & 25
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United hit three-goal blitz to land another win
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic
- Charlton boss Russell Slade unhappy with side over Oxford United equaliser
- MOTOR SPORT: Bradley Smith makes speedy recovery to line up in Japan