Oxford's Gus Jones continued his impressive try-scoring form as England Under 20s beat Australia 38-24 in the IRB Junior World Championship.
The flanker, who has now touched down seven times in three matches, helped England to victory at the QBE Stadium in Auckland, New Zealand.
Holders England, for whom Milton-under-Wychwood’s Henry Purdy started on the wing, were watched by their senior counterparts, who face New Zealand in today’s first test at Eden Park (8.35am).
- Latest Sport news
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- UPDATES - Port Vale v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale
- Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley and Tyler Roberts pushing for Oxford United starting roles at Port Vale
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- SNOOKER/BILLIARDS: Neil Craycraft stars in Abingdon Conservatives' whitewash
- MOTORSPORT: Williams seeking boost for US Grand prix
- SKATER HOCKEY: Adam Harris thrilled to be making his debut for GB
- TABLE TENNIS: Neil Cartwright leads British rail's express start to season
- ANGLING: Steve Harwood loses out by a ounce in Oxford Winter League