Oxford RL include former London Broncos prop Karl Temata in their squad for their match away to high-riding Hunslet in Kingstone Press Championship One on Sunday (3pm).
Temata signed for Oxford this week on a deal until the end of the season from leading French club Limoux Grizzlies.
The 35-year-old, who represented the Cook Islands in the 2000 World Cup, played for London Broncos/ Harlequins, for eight seasons. He was named player of the year in 2009.
As well as playing, Temata will also be joining Oxford coach Tony Benson’s backroom staff.
Benson said: “I coached him in New Zealalnd, and we have been in touch ever since.”
Oxford travel to the South Leeds Stadium looking to bounce back after their 30-24 loss to the Hemel Stags.
This will be the third time these two clubs have met this season.
Oxford crashed 68-6 at Hunslet in the Challenge Cup before going down to a 46-20 home defeat in the league.
Hunslet went down to defeat last week losing 40-0 York, who replaced them at the top.
Oxford’s Jimmy Rowland is ruled out with a ligament injury, while there are also doubts over Chris Clark (rib) and Glenn Osborn (hamstring).
Oxford RL squad: Baird, Benson, Blaney, Blewitt, Brooker, Crabtree, Connick, Clarke, Davies, Ellison, Evans, Hadden, Hoggins, Hayles, Lynch, J Morris, S Morris, Mulkeen, Newton, O'Keeffe, Parker, Rice, Roden, Sharratt, Slade-Jones, Temata, Thompson, Winfield, Wright.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- FOOTBALL: Mansfield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire Schools are beaten in first match
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow