Justin Burnell says London Welsh’s play-off final against Bristol cannot come around soon enough.
The Exiles host Bristol at the Kassam Stadium on Wednesday night (7.45) in the first leg of their Greene King IPA Championship final.
And having experienced such a high with their last-gasp semi-final victory over Leeds, head coach Burnell (pictured above) is eager to get back in the fray.
“It’s a mouth-watering prospect, that’s why we are talking it up,” said Burnell.
“We can’t wait for it. It’s brilliant.”
Bristol, whose director of rugby is former England and Scotland coach Andy Robinson, are favourites for promotion, but there is no doubting Welsh’s determination.
“It is a special breed here,” said Burnell.
“It’s a good mixture. We have a couple of northerners, a couple of Welsh lads.
“The way they have been brought up is that you have got to work hard for everything in life and that’s what they proved today.
“We want success and the only way you will achieve that is by rolling your sleeves up and punching your guts out.”
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Macclesfield Town
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- ANGLING: Carl Eland's second place puts Drennan Oxford closer to Winter League crown
- FUTSAL: Liam Palfreeman’s selection forEngland is dream come true
- SWIMMING: Jemma Lowe Olympian inspires City of Oxford’s youngsters
- TABLE TENNIS: Janet Brown causes Karl Bushell big fright in Oxford League
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A close in on the Oxford League leaders
- BOXING: Mixed results for Berinsfield stars
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars looking for quick revenge on leaders
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0