JUSTIN Burnell has made six changes for the crunch play-off semi-final, second leg against Leeds Carnegie.
The Exiles need to overturn a seven-point gap following last Sunday’s 38-31 defeat in Yorkshire.
Burnell, Welsh’s head coach, brings in Alan Awcock, who came off the bench to score two tries in the first leg, for Alex Davies at full back.
Seb Jewell, making his first appearance since the victory at London Scottish on March 30, replaces James Tincknell at inside centre.
There’s also a change at scrum half, with Tyson Keats preferred to Chris Cook.
In the forwards, Nathan Morris and Peter Edwards come in for Nathan Vella and James Tideswell.
In the back row, Daniel Browne makes way for Peter Browne at blindside flanker.
Despite starting the game behind on aggregate, it won’t change Welsh’s approach, according to Burnell.
“The seven-point deficit isn’t going to affect our game,” he said.
“We’re not going to be running from our own 22 and we’re not going to be just kicking for the corner – we’re going out to win.”
Leeds make just one change to their XV.
Scrum half Craig Hampson has not recovered from a foot injury, so James Doherty gets the nod.
London Welsh: Awcock, Stegmann, May (capt), Jewell, Scott, Ross, Keats, Trevett, Morris, Edwards, Spencer, Corker, Browne, Kirwan, Stedman. Reps: Vella, Bristow, Tideswell, West, Quill, Cook, Crane.
Leeds: McColl, Holmes, Vickerman, Burdon, Doherty, Hughes, Doherty, Beech, Nilsen, Tussac, Beck, Myerscough, Sisi, Rowan (capt), Burrows. Reps: Graham, Imiolek, Hooper, Walker, Green, Georgiou, Lozowski.
- Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Macclesfield Town
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- ANGLING: Carl Eland's second place puts Drennan Oxford closer to Winter League crown
- FUTSAL: Liam Palfreeman’s selection forEngland is dream come true
- SWIMMING: Jemma Lowe Olympian inspires City of Oxford’s youngsters
- TABLE TENNIS: Janet Brown causes Karl Bushell big fright in Oxford League
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A close in on the Oxford League leaders
- BOXING: Mixed results for Berinsfield stars
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars looking for quick revenge on leaders
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0