JUSTIN Burnell has made six changes for the crunch play-off semi-final, second leg against Leeds Carnegie.
The Exiles need to overturn a seven-point gap following last Sunday’s 38-31 defeat in Yorkshire.
Burnell, Welsh’s head coach, brings in Alan Awcock, who came off the bench to score two tries in the first leg, for Alex Davies at full back.
Seb Jewell, making his first appearance since the victory at London Scottish on March 30, replaces James Tincknell at inside centre.
There’s also a change at scrum half, with Tyson Keats preferred to Chris Cook.
In the forwards, Nathan Morris and Peter Edwards come in for Nathan Vella and James Tideswell.
In the back row, Daniel Browne makes way for Peter Browne at blindside flanker.
Despite starting the game behind on aggregate, it won’t change Welsh’s approach, according to Burnell.
“The seven-point deficit isn’t going to affect our game,” he said.
“We’re not going to be running from our own 22 and we’re not going to be just kicking for the corner – we’re going out to win.”
Leeds make just one change to their XV.
Scrum half Craig Hampson has not recovered from a foot injury, so James Doherty gets the nod.
London Welsh: Awcock, Stegmann, May (capt), Jewell, Scott, Ross, Keats, Trevett, Morris, Edwards, Spencer, Corker, Browne, Kirwan, Stedman. Reps: Vella, Bristow, Tideswell, West, Quill, Cook, Crane.
Leeds: McColl, Holmes, Vickerman, Burdon, Doherty, Hughes, Doherty, Beech, Nilsen, Tussac, Beck, Myerscough, Sisi, Rowan (capt), Burrows. Reps: Graham, Imiolek, Hooper, Walker, Green, Georgiou, Lozowski.
- Latest Sport news
- Oxford United face tense wait over Kemar Roofe's fitness for season finale
- Oxfordshire Senior Cup final details are confirmed
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United manager Mike Ford thrilled as his team win promotion play-off final
- RUGBY UNION: Oscar Heath racks up the points as Chinnor clinch top-six finish
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Oxfordshire suffer opening day defeat in County Championship Shield
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ini Umotong's strike lifts Oxford United off the bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL fall short against Toulouse Olympique
- DARTS: ODDA summer league all set to begin
- GOLF: Paterson and Averell help Studley Wood extend winning run
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash