JUSTIN Burnell has made six changes for the crunch play-off semi-final, second leg against Leeds Carnegie.
The Exiles need to overturn a seven-point gap following last Sunday’s 38-31 defeat in Yorkshire.
Burnell, Welsh’s head coach, brings in Alan Awcock, who came off the bench to score two tries in the first leg, for Alex Davies at full back.
Seb Jewell, making his first appearance since the victory at London Scottish on March 30, replaces James Tincknell at inside centre.
There’s also a change at scrum half, with Tyson Keats preferred to Chris Cook.
In the forwards, Nathan Morris and Peter Edwards come in for Nathan Vella and James Tideswell.
In the back row, Daniel Browne makes way for Peter Browne at blindside flanker.
Despite starting the game behind on aggregate, it won’t change Welsh’s approach, according to Burnell.
“The seven-point deficit isn’t going to affect our game,” he said.
“We’re not going to be running from our own 22 and we’re not going to be just kicking for the corner – we’re going out to win.”
Leeds make just one change to their XV.
Scrum half Craig Hampson has not recovered from a foot injury, so James Doherty gets the nod.
London Welsh: Awcock, Stegmann, May (capt), Jewell, Scott, Ross, Keats, Trevett, Morris, Edwards, Spencer, Corker, Browne, Kirwan, Stedman. Reps: Vella, Bristow, Tideswell, West, Quill, Cook, Crane.
Leeds: McColl, Holmes, Vickerman, Burdon, Doherty, Hughes, Doherty, Beech, Nilsen, Tussac, Beck, Myerscough, Sisi, Rowan (capt), Burrows. Reps: Graham, Imiolek, Hooper, Walker, Green, Georgiou, Lozowski.
- Latest Sport news
- Oxford United players draw breath before Wembley
- Wembley tickets to go on sale at Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town defender Sam Elkins banned for five games after involvement in pitch invasion against Hereford
- BOWLS: AJ Docherty nicks Oxfordshire indoor singles title in thrilling final
- ROWING: Headington School rule roost once again
- RUGBY UNION: Former London Welsh back Alan Awcock enjoying new career after ending professional playing days
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins prop Matt Edney set for year-long New Zealand trip
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars demolished by London Raiders in play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Tom Stileman, Jordan Brodley and Sam Pointon named in England Students squad for Ireland Universities clash at Iffley Road
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s Stewart Thorp helps Great Britain win silver at Indoor World Masters Championships