Tony Benson has warned Oxford RL not to underestimate Kingstone Press Championship basement boys South Wales Scorpions when they visit Iffley Road on Sunday (3).
Scorpions have yet to win this campaign, but tested leaders Hunslet Hawks in a 20-6 defeat last week.
Head coach Benson said: “They have had a difficult start, but we’ll in no way be underestimating them especially as their performances have been improving over the past few weeks.”
Oxford are keen to bounce back from their 48-28 defeat at Oldham on May 4.
Ryan McGoldrick should make his home debut, but Valu Bentley (ankle) will be assessed in training.
Oxford RL: from Baird, Benson, Bentley, Blaney, Blewitt, Brooker, Crabtree, Connick, Clarke, Davies, Ellison, Evans, Hadden, Hoggins, Hayles, Lynch, J Morris, S Morris, McGoldrick, Mulkeen, Newton, O’Keeffe, Parker, Rice, Roden, Rowland, Sharratt, Slade-Jones, Thompson, Winfield, Wright.
Meanwhile, Oxford Cavaliers will look to build on their first win of the Conference League South season when they host Bristol Sonics tomorrow (2.30).
Cavaliers beat Valley Cougars 46-26 last time out.
Cavaliers A are also at Oxford RFC, starting in the West of England League against Cheltenham Old Patesians.
Latest Sport news
- Josh Ashby to stay at Oxford City for season after Oxford United agree extension
- Oxford United sell a third of their tickets before FA Cup opponents are confirmed
- Silly errors cost us dear, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- MOTORSPORT: Felipe Massa returns to Williams as Valtteri Bottas completes Mercedes switch
- Oxford United fans' chat
- We studied them all week, but failed to deliver, says Oxford United skipper John Lundstram after AFC Wimbledon defeat
- Neal Ardley disappointed AFC Wimbledon did not score more
- Rob Hall gutted his early Oxford United goal counts for nothing
- FOOTBALL: Conor McDonagh’s strike lifts Banbury United to edge of play-offs
- FOOTBALL: Frustrated Oxford City are caught three times as they fail to put Concord Rangers away