Tony Benson has warned Oxford RL not to underestimate Kingstone Press Championship basement boys South Wales Scorpions when they visit Iffley Road on Sunday (3).
Scorpions have yet to win this campaign, but tested leaders Hunslet Hawks in a 20-6 defeat last week.
Head coach Benson said: “They have had a difficult start, but we’ll in no way be underestimating them especially as their performances have been improving over the past few weeks.”
Oxford are keen to bounce back from their 48-28 defeat at Oldham on May 4.
Ryan McGoldrick should make his home debut, but Valu Bentley (ankle) will be assessed in training.
Oxford RL: from Baird, Benson, Bentley, Blaney, Blewitt, Brooker, Crabtree, Connick, Clarke, Davies, Ellison, Evans, Hadden, Hoggins, Hayles, Lynch, J Morris, S Morris, McGoldrick, Mulkeen, Newton, O’Keeffe, Parker, Rice, Roden, Rowland, Sharratt, Slade-Jones, Thompson, Winfield, Wright.
Meanwhile, Oxford Cavaliers will look to build on their first win of the Conference League South season when they host Bristol Sonics tomorrow (2.30).
Cavaliers beat Valley Cougars 46-26 last time out.
Cavaliers A are also at Oxford RFC, starting in the West of England League against Cheltenham Old Patesians.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe and Liam Sercombe named in League Two team of the year
- Oxford United await decisions from Hylton and Maguire
- FOOTBALL: John Brough appointed new manager at North Leigh
- MOTOR RACING: Renault's Jolyon Palmer crashes out of Monaco Grand Prix
- WEEKEND RESULTS: May 28-29
- CRICKET: Horspath stretch unbeaten start to four games after Shipton-under-Wychwood collapse
- CRICKET: Dain Moreton's century inspires Great & Little Tew to victory over Harefield
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks