Tony Benson has warned Oxford RL not to underestimate Kingstone Press Championship basement boys South Wales Scorpions when they visit Iffley Road on Sunday (3).
Scorpions have yet to win this campaign, but tested leaders Hunslet Hawks in a 20-6 defeat last week.
Head coach Benson said: “They have had a difficult start, but we’ll in no way be underestimating them especially as their performances have been improving over the past few weeks.”
Oxford are keen to bounce back from their 48-28 defeat at Oldham on May 4.
Ryan McGoldrick should make his home debut, but Valu Bentley (ankle) will be assessed in training.
Oxford RL: from Baird, Benson, Bentley, Blaney, Blewitt, Brooker, Crabtree, Connick, Clarke, Davies, Ellison, Evans, Hadden, Hoggins, Hayles, Lynch, J Morris, S Morris, McGoldrick, Mulkeen, Newton, O’Keeffe, Parker, Rice, Roden, Rowland, Sharratt, Slade-Jones, Thompson, Winfield, Wright.
Meanwhile, Oxford Cavaliers will look to build on their first win of the Conference League South season when they host Bristol Sonics tomorrow (2.30).
Cavaliers beat Valley Cougars 46-26 last time out.
Cavaliers A are also at Oxford RFC, starting in the West of England League against Cheltenham Old Patesians.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United make request to West Bromwich Albion for Tyler Roberts loan extension
- Dan Crowley set for Dutch trial as Oxford United loan is cut short
- VARSITY MATCH: Catherine Wilcock backing Oxford University Women to step up
- RUGBY UNION: Dark Blues skipper Fergus Taylor out for more Varsity Match joy
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars slip to fourth after narrow loss
- BAR BILLIARDS: Pauline Withey leads way as Oracle whitewash opponents
- ROWING: Dominant Oxford Brookes lead the way at Wallingford
- ATHLETICS: Steve Naylor wins second round of Oxford Mail Cross Country League
- ATHLETICS: Ben West claims third in Chiltern Cross Country League
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United