Tony Benson has warned Oxford RL not to underestimate Kingstone Press Championship basement boys South Wales Scorpions when they visit Iffley Road on Sunday (3).
Scorpions have yet to win this campaign, but tested leaders Hunslet Hawks in a 20-6 defeat last week.
Head coach Benson said: “They have had a difficult start, but we’ll in no way be underestimating them especially as their performances have been improving over the past few weeks.”
Oxford are keen to bounce back from their 48-28 defeat at Oldham on May 4.
Ryan McGoldrick should make his home debut, but Valu Bentley (ankle) will be assessed in training.
Oxford RL: from Baird, Benson, Bentley, Blaney, Blewitt, Brooker, Crabtree, Connick, Clarke, Davies, Ellison, Evans, Hadden, Hoggins, Hayles, Lynch, J Morris, S Morris, McGoldrick, Mulkeen, Newton, O’Keeffe, Parker, Rice, Roden, Rowland, Sharratt, Slade-Jones, Thompson, Winfield, Wright.
Meanwhile, Oxford Cavaliers will look to build on their first win of the Conference League South season when they host Bristol Sonics tomorrow (2.30).
Cavaliers beat Valley Cougars 46-26 last time out.
Cavaliers A are also at Oxford RFC, starting in the West of England League against Cheltenham Old Patesians.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United striker James Roberts joins Stalybridge Celtic on loan
- Oxford United boss delivers Wembley warning to his players ahead of Chesterfield trip
- Time for Oxford United to take big chance and make our mark – Michael Appleton
- I've been a nightmare to live with, says Oxford United defender Joe Skarz
- Wes Thomas keeps his spirits up on long road to Oxford United recovery
- Gary Caldwell: Flexible Chesterfield are a threat to Oxford United
- From the boardroom column: Oxford United are making waves across the world
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington reveal ground renovation plans
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses fourth halfway cut in a row
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins out to maintain their great escape bid