Former Oxford United defender Damian Batt has returned to football after signing for fellow Sky Bet League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge.
The 29-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the Londoners, who visit the Kassam Stadium on Saturday, August 30.
It is the second time Batt has come back to football after appearing to hang up his boots.
The right back made 177 appearances in four and a half seasons with the U's, before being released last summer.
After turning down several offers, he opted to retire, before days later joining Skrill South club Eastleigh.
After 12 starts Batt had his contract terminated in January, but after six months out of the game he has joined Dagenham, where he had a brief spell in 2004.
Latest United news:
- David Rush backs Oxford United to hold nerve and replicate class of '96
- Mike Ford urges Oxford United not to hand any incentive to rivals
- Oxford United run out of time in plans for temporary fourth stand against Wycombe Wanderers
- We have no reason to change preparations, says Oxford United striker Chris Maguire
- Oxford United face tense wait over Kemar Roofe's fitness for season finale