Former Oxford United defender Damian Batt has returned to football after signing for fellow Sky Bet League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge.
The 29-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the Londoners, who visit the Kassam Stadium on Saturday, August 30.
It is the second time Batt has come back to football after appearing to hang up his boots.
The right back made 177 appearances in four and a half seasons with the U's, before being released last summer.
After turning down several offers, he opted to retire, before days later joining Skrill South club Eastleigh.
After 12 starts Batt had his contract terminated in January, but after six months out of the game he has joined Dagenham, where he had a brief spell in 2004.
Latest United news:
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- Toni Martinez eyes West Ham first team after returning from Oxford United loan spell
- Former Oxford United loanee Toni Martinez praised by West Ham under 23 boss after scoring twice on return
- Five players to leave Oxford United - but club not ready to reveal futures of Chris Maguire and Chey Dunkley
- Goalkeeper Scott Shearer puts pen to paper as Oxford United secure first summer signing