Former Oxford United defender Damian Batt has returned to football after signing for fellow Sky Bet League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge.
The 29-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the Londoners, who visit the Kassam Stadium on Saturday, August 30.
It is the second time Batt has come back to football after appearing to hang up his boots.
The right back made 177 appearances in four and a half seasons with the U's, before being released last summer.
After turning down several offers, he opted to retire, before days later joining Skrill South club Eastleigh.
After 12 starts Batt had his contract terminated in January, but after six months out of the game he has joined Dagenham, where he had a brief spell in 2004.
Latest United news:
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Charlton Athletic
- Conor McAleny delighted to get off mark by firing Oxford United to win at Charlton Athletic
- Oxford United selected for live television coverage
- Long-serving Oxford United coach Richard Blackmore steps down
- Michael Appleton: It would have been a risk not to freshen up Oxford United for trip to Charlton