Former Oxford United defender Damian Batt has returned to football after signing for fellow Sky Bet League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge.
The 29-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the Londoners, who visit the Kassam Stadium on Saturday, August 30.
It is the second time Batt has come back to football after appearing to hang up his boots.
The right back made 177 appearances in four and a half seasons with the U's, before being released last summer.
After turning down several offers, he opted to retire, before days later joining Skrill South club Eastleigh.
After 12 starts Batt had his contract terminated in January, but after six months out of the game he has joined Dagenham, where he had a brief spell in 2004.
Latest United news:
- More details on OxVox stadium bid - but talks 'on hold' due to U's takeover interest
- Liam Sercombe a step closer to Oxford United departure
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- Oxford United strategy is based on one player sale a summer, says Darryl Eales