Former Oxford United defender Damian Batt has returned to football after signing for fellow Sky Bet League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge.
The 29-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the Londoners, who visit the Kassam Stadium on Saturday, August 30.
It is the second time Batt has come back to football after appearing to hang up his boots.
The right back made 177 appearances in four and a half seasons with the U's, before being released last summer.
After turning down several offers, he opted to retire, before days later joining Skrill South club Eastleigh.
After 12 starts Batt had his contract terminated in January, but after six months out of the game he has joined Dagenham, where he had a brief spell in 2004.
Latest United news:
- Jake Wright: It was a strange feeling facing Oxford United
- We let them off the hook, says Michael Appleton after Oxford United defeat
- Kane Hemmings hoping to have reason to celebrate next time he scores
- We won't make excuses, says Chey Dunkley as Oxford United beaten by Sheffield United
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Sheffield United