Former Oxford United defender Damian Batt has returned to football after signing for fellow Sky Bet League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge.
The 29-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the Londoners, who visit the Kassam Stadium on Saturday, August 30.
It is the second time Batt has come back to football after appearing to hang up his boots.
The right back made 177 appearances in four and a half seasons with the U's, before being released last summer.
After turning down several offers, he opted to retire, before days later joining Skrill South club Eastleigh.
After 12 starts Batt had his contract terminated in January, but after six months out of the game he has joined Dagenham, where he had a brief spell in 2004.
Latest United news:
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale
- Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley and Tyler Roberts pushing for Oxford United starting roles at Port Vale
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- I expect to score for Oxford United despite left-field switch – Ryan Taylor