RYAN Clarke has started his recovery from a foot injury after undergoing surgery.
The Oxford United goalkeeper went under the knife on Tuesday to correct a problem which affected him in the second half of last season.
After an appointment last month, a specialist recommended the 32-year-old needed an operation on his big right toe.
A return date is unclear at this stage, but it is feared Clarke could miss the opening month of next season.
Meanwhile, former Oxford United striker Alex Fisher will come up against his old club next season after signing for Mansfield Town.
The 23-year-old came through the U’s youth ranks, but left in 2009 after making just one league start.
After a spell at Oxford City, he went to the Glenn Hoddle Academy in Spain and has since played in Belgium and Italy.
Fisher was most recently playing in Serie C for AC Monza and the move to Field Mill is still subject to international clearance.
He said: “My ambition has always been to come back to England and play at home, so when the opportunity presented itself to come here through a few contacts, I jumped at it.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United sign striker Kane Hemmings from Dundee in six-figure move
- WATCH: Videos of Oxford United's new signing Kane Hemmings scoring for Dundee
- Oxford United set for double signing to boost firepower after friendly defeat by Brighton
- Oxford United's EFL Trophy group opponents include Chelsea and Swindon Town + POLL
- CRICKET: Tom Condon's century keeps up Aston Rowant's Cherwell title challenge
- AUNT SALLY: Darren Cox's super 16 renews Florence Park's title bid
- CRICKET: Rob Owen's super century helps Faringdon bounce back with Charlbury victory
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton