OXFORD United will host Sky Bet League One champions Wolverhampton Wanderers as part of their warm-up for the new season.
The friendly against Kenny Jackett’s men, who broke the 100-point barrier on the way back to the Championship, is the first confirmed date for United’s pre-season.
Wolves will visit the Kassam Stadium on Tuesday, July 29.
The two sides last met competitively in 2000, when Wolves won a two-legged League Cup tie 3-2 on aggregate.
United have also agreed three other games, plus a behind closed doors fixture at Colchester United.
Oxford United's pre-season so far (more games to be confirmed):
- Sat, 12th: Farnborough (a) 2pm
- Tues, 15th: Oxford City (a) 7.45pm
- Thurs, 17th: Colchester United (a) - behind closed doors
- Sat, 19th: Didcot Town (a) 3pm
- Tues, 29th: Wolverhampton Wanderers (H) 7.45pm
Latest Sport news
- Rochdale 0, Oxford United 4 (Johnson 18, Hall 29, Taylor 53, Ledson 73)
- UPDATES - Rochdale v Oxford United
- Oxford United handed boost with key Rochdale defender serving suspension
- Marvin Johnson looking for more of the same when Oxford United visit Rochdale
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We’re recharged for busy league and cup schedule
- SWIMMING: David Murphy delivers masterclass to set more records at Arena Pro Swim Series
- TABLE TENNIS: Bicester squeeze past Holton in Aubrey Hughes Handicap Shield opener
- ANGLING: Alan Steele clinches Victory Cup
- INDOOR CRICKET: Chipping Norton and Ruscote title race goes down to the wire
- ON CUE: Q Zone go top of Gentworks Oxford & District Snooker League