OXFORD United Women’s manager Les Taylor has warned his players that they will have to be at their best to upset unbeaten Doncaster Rovers Belles at Abingdon United’s Northcourt Road tomorrow (2pm), writes MATTHEW BRUCE.
The U’s are without captain Sahara Osborne-Ricketts for the Women’s Super League 2 clash after she injured an ankle in their 2-1 defeat at Aston Villa a fortnight ago.
Taylor said: “Doncaster are one of the favourites to get promotion, they’re second in the division, so we’ve got to be at our very best and work to a gameplan to try and get a result.
“We had a bit of a heavy defeat when we played Doncaster earlier this season, but it was early days for us. Games since then have been quite tight and we’ve only missed out by the odd goal.
Oxford Utd: from Cox, Mobbs, Hines, Chivers, Allison, Pinker, Low, King, Nutman, Connor-Iommi, Lambourne, Franklin-Fraiture, Nichol, Stanley, Fellows, Alexander, Simmonds.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships
- Details announced for Oxford United's EFL Cup tie at Birmingham City
- CRICKET: Shaun Cross takes four as Shipton cruise into last 16 of Davidstow Village Cup
- ATHLETICS: Clarke books ticket to Rio Olympics and vows best is yet to come
- ATHLETICS: Douglas claims British triple jump title, but yet to seal place to Rio
- WEEKEND RESULTS June 25 & 26
- CRICKET: Samad Fallah takes seven as Oxford rout Gerrards Cross
- ATHLETICS: Ennis delighted to reach 200m final
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas