JOE Murphy struck four times as Long Wittenham reached the third round of the Devenney Cup.

The away side saw off Checkendon Exiles 8-4 in a thrilling encounter.

Ashley Wilcox scored twice and Andy Taylor also found the net as Long Wittenham romped home with the aid of an own goal from Dan Carter.

Dave Woodley (2), Carter and Dan Phillips replied.

Sporting Headington Academicals were beaten 6-4 at home by Railway Wheatley, despite the efforts of Kris Hindhaugh, James Titler, Ben Wright and Max Burton.

Elliot O’Brian struck twice for the visitors in addition to goals from Simon Neil, Sibby Wagner, Shaun Liptrot and Tom Williams.

In the Premier Division, unbeaten leaders Cowley Marsh Eagles enjoyed a dominant 6-2 win at Zubry Oxford.

Tomasz Samoluk and Andresj Krason scored for Zubry, but goals from Adem Luzi, Lamin Sow, Andrew Paintry, Fama Mara and a brace from Rafa Popiolek ensured the Eagles took the points.

Blacks Head Bletchingdon were thumped 5-1 by Barton Utd. Luke Cuff (2), Tom Payne, Richard Hathaway and Ben Green netted. Tom Knox replied.

Oxford Sports & Social Club were unable to field a team against AFC Jericho, resulting in a home walkover.

Jack Barrett and Chris Morton helped themselves to four goals each as Iffley Harriers thrashed ten-man Rutherford 10-0 in Division 1.

Tom Garvey and Rob Lees were also on target as Harriers made it back-to-back victories.

League leaders Freeland Yeoman were made to work hard for their 5-4 away win over the Tree Grove, who were only able to field ten players and finished with nine after David Archer was sent off.

Goals from John Ayris, Rob Keylock, Danny Taylor and a brace for Connor Annand saw the high-flying Yeoman home.

Tom Bennet, Johnny James (2) and Luke Fairclough were on target for the Tree.

North Oxford Conservative Club marked the loss of founder Tony Lane with a minute’s silence prior to their 3-2 win at Northway Res in Division 2.

Carl Hibbins struck twice and Alan Williams was also on target for North, with Jerry Deaton and Andy Potter notching Northway’s consolation efforts.

Forest Hill beat a young Standlake Garage side 7-2 thanks to a Steve West brace and goals from Craig Watts, Lewis Gerring, Eddy Oldworth, David Kaye and a Seb Evans own goal.

Tim Senior and a Gary Atkinson penalty provided some comfort for the hosts, but couldn’t prevent them from slipping to a sixth consecutive defeat in all competitions.

Abingdon Exiles fell to a 3-1 defeat at Sutton Wanderers, with Rob Lucibello’s effort proving in vain thanks to goals from Mike James, Andrew Conway and Steve Dann.

Four late strikes gave Green Tree Wallingford a 6-3 away victory over White Horse Abingdon.

A Chris Swales hat-trick and goals from Dan Mason, Max Mohan Triogle and Martin Dawson gave the leaders the points, despite White Horse taking the lead via Niall Hodgkiss and a brace from Michael Allan Bloomfield.

Ryan Thorne and David Villiers netted two goals each to add to a Carl Hemen strike as Woodstock Wanderers beat Black Swan 5-2. Pete Ivey and Craig Davis scored the visitors’ consolation efforts.

New Club were able to hold out for 88 minutes against Jet FC, but could not stop Dave Cookson, whose late goal gave the visitors a 1-0 win and took them to the top of the Division 3 table.

Keiron Strange’s brace and a goal for Charlie Silkstone gave AFC Brightwell a 3-1 win over Watlington Town, whose solitary effort came from Andy Griffiths.