AFC Jericho continued their excellent start to the campaign with a 3-1 win away to last season’s Critchleys Upper Thames Valley League Premier Division champions Oxford Sports and Social Club, writes DARYL RIDGLEY.

The home side went ahead via a penalty from Johnny McMahon, but it was cancelled out by an own goal from John Hunt.

Jericho made the most of the opportunity and made it three wins out of three with goals from Jack Heyhurst and Sam Cruthers, who both broke through several challenges to score.

The only other scheduled game in the division, between Oxford FC and Zubry, was postponed.


Aaron Barrett smashed four goals as Northway Boys & Girls ran out 11-3 winners at home to AFC Valley.

Aaron Williams and Corin Patterson scored a brace apiece, while Danny Lawrence, Marvin Martin and Dennis Moore also found the net.

Valley’s replies came from Nick Wehmeier, Simon Collet and Yousef Shahib.

Freeland Yeoman made it back-to-back wins at the start of the season with a 5-2 win at Sporting Headington Academicals.

Danny Taylor, who hit four in the opening game, continued his prolific start with a hat-trick.

Marc Buckingham also hit the target to give the visitors a 4-0 lead at the break.

Sporting were gifted a goal when Freeland goalkeeper Ben Symonds allowed Rob Keylock’s back pass under his foot and into the net, but Ethan Simlett restored Freeland’s four-goal cushion.

Tom Bregman completed the scoring for the hosts.

A second-half hat-trick from Sebastian Warner downed early leaders Iffley Harriers, who lost 3-2 at Railway Wheatley.

Wesley Gallacher had put Iffley in front, but Warner’s haul, which included a penalty, proved the difference.

Chris Morgan pulled a goal back with what proved to be the last kick of the game.

Luke Fairclough also hit a treble, helping The Tree hammer Rutherford 8-2 at home.

Rob Joyce added a double, while Adam Bruce, Josh Cottrill and Olly O’Hanlon also got in on the act.


There were seven different scorers for The Village Inn as they took advantage of eight-man Northway Boys & Girls Res to rack up double figures.

Max Palmer led the way with four goals, while Shane Harris, Andrew Jones, Michael Hinkin, Colin Royal, David Murphy and Martin Rawling all notched in the 10-3 victory.

Lewis Colwell, Ryan Barnett and Carl Hibbins replied for the depleted hosts.

Missed chances came back to haunt White Horse as they lost 4-1 at home to North Oxford.

Thomas Shepherd’s strike was just a consolation, as the away side romped to victory with a double from Steven Doyle and goals from Michael O’Shea and Luke Murphy.

Woodstock Wanderers kickstarted their season with a 7-0 thrashing of Checkendon Exiles. Ryan Vaughan cashed in with five goals, while Ryan Doran and David Bray also netted.

Green Tree won by the same scoreline at Standlake Garage.

Chris Phillips hit a hat-trick and there were also goals from Jack Eccles, Martin Dawson, Gavin Robinson and Chris Swales.

A brace from Steve West helped Forest Hill to a 4-0 success at Sutton Wanderers.

Lewis Gerring and Matt Wigley completed the scoring.

A precise finish from Josh Haynes saw Abingdon Exiles win 2-1 in a tight game at home to Black Swan.

Pat Clark’s 25-yard strike put the hosts in front, but Luke Dewar levelled.

The winner came five minutes from time, when Haynes won a 50-50 challenge with the Swan goalkeeper and scored from an acute angle.


Early leaders Kennington Athletic were held as they shared eight goals in a thrilling 4-4 draw away to Long Wittenham.

Steve Molloy scored twice, along with strikes from Kevin Dawson and Wayne Roughton for the home side, whose goalkeeper Steve Hedges also saved a penalty.

Kennington’s goals came via doubles from Sam Childs and John Mills.

Andrew Potter, George Hoareau, James Broughton and Chris Hoy were all on target as JET edged to a narrow 4-3 home win over Milton Midgets.

Aaron McKiver, Peter Arbunute and James Carlini were on target for the visitors.

Cross Keys made it two wins from three with a 3-0 victory in their local derby at Watlington.

The hosts were the better side in a goalless first half, but Cross Keys went on to take their chances after the break.

Andrew Gibbons scored twice but missed out on a hat-trick when another effort was ruled out for offside.

Wayne Mawgan completed the scoring.

Brightwell were unable to field a team for their home fixture against Abba Athletic.