JOSH Mulvany’s brace helped Marston Saints edge out Stonesfield 3-2 for only their second Premier Division success of the season.

Saints got off to a flier, with Mulvany lobbing Stonesfield goalkeeper Chris Days on five minutes.

Stonesfield were soon back on level terms when Nick Higgs slotted home after a great move.

Midway through the half, defender Sam Curtin fired Saints back in front with an unstoppable drive from 25 yards.

Saints were made to pay for missed chances when Mike Phipps scored a penalty on 80 minutes.

However, with time running out, Mulvany curled a free-kick over the wall and in for a morale-boosting success.

Middleton Cheney twice equalised to draw 2-2 at home to Eynsham in Division 1.

Tom McCluden capitalised on an error from Cheney keeper Henry Spears to put Eynsham ahead.

Steve Twynham equalised early in the second half, but Liam Botcherby’s free-kick restored Eynsham’s lead.

However, virtually from the kick off, Jamie Jollands was put through on his own and slotted home to make it 2-2.

Laurence Elham’s opportunist finish earned Marston Saints Res a 1-0 win at home to Eynsham Res in Division 2.

Ellis Bicknell’s brace saw Oxford University Press Res beat visiting Bletchingdon Res 2-0.

Bicknell fired home from the edge of the box and slotted his second with a penalty after Jay Brown was fouled.

Broughton and North Newington Res were leading 2-0 at home to Launton Sports Res when their Division 3 clash was abandoned on 86 minutes due to a severe storm.

Josh Hunt and James Castle netted for Broughton in the second half, but with thunder and lightning raging, referee Mark Gardner rightly called it off.

Stuart Hole’s late strike sealed Freeland Res’ 3-1 victory at Charlton United Res in round two of the Clarendon Cup.

North Leigh captain Hole was drafted in after the Southern League side’s home match with Thatcham Town was postponed.

Adam Reynolds put Freeland ahead, but Jamie Gough netted a spectacular equaliser.

Jefferson Harriot restored Freeland’s lead before Hole struck five minutes from time.

Mansfield Road Res won 2-1 at Watlington Town Res in a delayed first-round clash.

Sam Carter-Knight put Watlington ahead, but Mansfield levelled when full back Richard Edmonson curled home.

Matt Zequiri’s half-volley won it in the second half.

Kidlington Res reached the semi-finals of the Presidents Cup with a 2-0 victory at Yarnton.

Goals in each half from Harry Richie and Callum Green settled the tie.