It had to end sometime.

Oakley United finally gave up their 41-game unbeaten record with a 2-1 defeat at home to Freeland in the Oxfordshire Senior League Premier Division.

Gilkes’s double inflicted Oakley’s first league reverse since March 3, 2012, when they went down 4-3 to Charlton.

James Keeble gave Oakley the lead with an unstoppable 30-yard strike.

Then it all went wrong horribly wrong for the home side.

The lively Gilkes levelled from the edge of the box.

And late on in the game an Oakley corner was swept up field by the visitors and Gilkes gleefully finished off a rebo-und to end an amazing local record.

Bletchingdon eased their way to a 2-0 home win against Marston Saints in an undistinguished affair.

Ben Foster struck in each half for the home side.

And they should have added to the scoreline, but Adam Wells missed a penalty.

After a goalless first half, Chalgrove and Adderbury Park still couldn’t be divided at the end, but at least provided some action and four goals in a 2-2 draw.

Jonny Cox and Tim Cox netted for the home side, with two efforts in between from Adderbury’s James Trevitt.

Division 1 leaders Kidlington Res suffered a shock 4-3 defeat away to lowly Yarnton – their first loss of the term.

Kidlington’s Jamie Anderson opened the scoring, but Ben Fouracre levelled. Harry Richie restored Kid-lington’s lead, only for Yarnton to level again, this time through Luke Brennan.

Kidlington were reduced to ten men in the final half after James received a second yellow card.

Goals from Owen Bunce and Jamie Smith put Yarnton in the driving seat.

Although Kidlington pulled a goal back through a James Keller header in the dying seconds, it wasn’t enough.

Charlton hammered Kid-lington Old Boys FC 5-0 away from home.

Three goals in the first 20 minutes from Stephen Gardiner, Murray Nicholls and Adam Blaglock proved decisive.

Ritchie Knight and Matthew Hillsdon completed the visitors’ nap hand.

Middleton Cheney had to settle for a 1-1 draw at home to Broughton & North Newington.

A Sam Matthews goal for the home side was cancelled out by an equaliser from Jonny Hopcraft.

Neil Hobday (2) , Andy Glossop, Rory Thomson, Jamie Hodges and an own goal helped Eynsham to a 6-1 home victory against North Oxford. Max Palmer replied for the visitors.

Adderbury Park Res kept their Division 2 title hopes alive with a 5-0 home thumping of Freeland Res.

Ashley Wingrove (3), Daniel Butler and Louis Wink were on the mark, while Josh Davis played his first game after being out for three months due to injury.

Leaders Middleton Cheney Res were out of the blocks quickly at Mansfield Road Res as they raced into a 4-1 half- time lead.

Richard Lafferty, Steve O’Brian, Josh Hart and Michael Ramsdale were on the mark for Middleton Cheney, with Shon Dinn replying for the hosts.

An improved second half performance saw Mansfield brie-fly cut the deficit to 4-2, thanks to a debut goal from Matt Zequiri.

However, Max Berry put the game to bed with a late strike.

Adam Berry and Andrew Best earned Marston Saints Res a 2-1 home success against Stonesfield Res.

Nick Bagnell bagged the consolation for Stonesfield, Oxford University Press Res fought back from 2-1 down before beating Eynsham Res 8-2 at home.

OUP led through Neil Lockhart, but Eynsham hit back with a penalty from Ian Law and a deflected effort.

The second half saw Eynsham on the front foot, but oup broke away as Lockhart found the net again.

OUP added six more goals, Lockhart finishing with five.

Joe Soloman’s tap-in, plus thunderbolts from Craig Wharton and Josh Jelfs wrapped it up for the hosts. Oakley United Res defeated Charlton Res 3-0 in Division 3 with all the goals arriving in the second half through Dan Bardett, Dean Boyles and Ben Gray.