PREMIER Division high-fliers Oxford University Press met their match when they came up against Division 1 leaders Kidlington Res in a second-round President's Cup clash.

A dour encounter sprang to life after 70 minutes when Callum Green found the target for Kidlington.

OUP were stung into action and Sam Wharton’s volley from the edge of the area squared it.

With both teams pushing for the winner and time running out, Harry Ritchie tapped into an empty net to give Kidlington a 2-1 win.

Ten-man Riverside edged past Stonesfield 3-2 to reach the third round.

Philp Shy gave Stonesfield an interval lead from the penalty spot.

But Paul Brough put Riverside level with a lob, and shortly afterwards Carley Bloomfield put the host 2-1 ahead.

Shy levelled it up with his second penalty and it seemed to be going Stonesfield’s way when Riverside had Colin Ryan sent off.

But the ten men were inspired and Bloomfield grabbed the winner.

Hosts Chalgrove enjoyed back-to-back wins for the first time this season with a 3-1 success over Launton Sports.

The visitors took a first-half lead through Andrew Gledhill.

However, Chalgrove were soon level after half-time when Adrian McCleary netted his second in two games.

Chalgrove nosed ahead when Nick Skiller converted from the spot. And the home side then wrapped up victory when Paul Coles prodded home from two yards.

Meanwhile, Andy Glossop’s treble steered Eynsham to a 4-1 win over Marston Saints in the Ben Turner Cup.

Tom McCudden got the fourth, with Sam Curtin on target for Marston.

Watlington prevailed 2-1 over Northway.

The game picked up in the second period and was settled by a brace of superb lobs from in-form striker Johnny Pitts. Northway’s Kyle Pullen netted a consolation goal in injury time.

Kidlington Old Boys saw off North Oxford 4-2.

A hat-trick from Sam Pontin and a strike from Deshawn Whiteman gave Kidlington a 4-0 advantage late in the second half.

But North Oxford battled on, with goals from Max Palmer and Steve Malony making the scoreline more respectable.

Yarnton ran out 7-1 winners against nine-man Henley Town Res in the Intermediate Cup.

Jamie Smith’s hat-trick, which included two penalties, Ben Fouracre (2), Ben Davies and Michael Trafford were on target.

John Smith replied.

Launton Sports Res ousted higher league opposition in OUP 2-1 in the Archie Goddard Cup OUP took the lead through Sean Dyer, but Sports responded well and goals from Lea White and Mark Hobbs sealed the victory.

In league action, Freeland shook off an early setback to take maximum points against Adderbury Park in their Premier Division clash.

James Trevitt gave the hosts the lead with his ninth goal of the season after being put clear by Josh Bowden.

However, strikes from Simon Calley, James Lambert, Danny Taylor, Chris Gilkes saw Freeland to a 4-1 win.

The result saw them leapfrog their opponents into sixth spot.

Garsington got off to an excellent start through a simple tap-in from Damien Spiers against Bletchingdon – but eventually slumped to a 4-1 reverse.

Andy McMahon levelled just before the break and the second half was one-way traffic.

Bletchingdon sent on Matty Holton and Ben Foster and both notched excellent goals. Mark Gaul finished off proceedings.

Lowly Bletchingdon Res picked up much-needed points from their Division 2 home encounter with Mansfield Road Res.

Tom Williams hit a 25-yard cracker after just two minutes, with substitute Joe Goodgame finishing offa fine move to ensure a 2-0 victory.

Freeland Res conceded an early strike to Stonesfield’s Ryan Hunt, but took the points in a 4-1 success.

Jamie Perkin (2), Tom Gerken and Ethan Simlett were all on the mark.

In Division 3 Oakley Utd Res took the honours in a 3-0 victory at Broughton and North Newington Res.

Darren Gascogne bagged a brace, with Dean Boyd also on the mark.