THAME United produced a sensational comeback to beat Highmoor Ibis 3-2 with the final kick of their FA Cup preliminary round tie on Saturday.
Anthony White and Justin Forde had put Highmoor Ibis in control, but the hosts hit back in style in the clash of the Hellenic League Premier Division sides.
Ben Connolly reduced the deficit with four minutes to go, Dan West levelled in the final minute before West struck with the last kick to seal a terrific fightback.
- SUBSTITUTE Kieran Davis scored a late winner on his debut as Abingdon United defeated Southern League Division 1 Central opponents Egham 1-0.
Davis struck with five minutes left, converting a cross from fellow replacement Aaron Andrews.
The game, however, was marred by a serious injury to Egham’s Scott Weight, who suffered a suspected broken ankle which delayed the game by 20 minutes.
- MILTON United stunned Southern League Division 1 Central rivals Marlow with an outstanding display to win 2-1.
Robert Joyce headed home Tom Austin’s early free-kick, before Conor Harris doubled the lead after Harry Dalton’s shot was parried into his path.
Adam Richards scored in injury time, but could not deny the Hellenic League side only a second win in the competition.
- SHRIVENHAM crashed out, losign 6-1 at home to Shortwood United.
- ABINGDON United host Milton United in an all-Oxfordshire clash on Saturday, September 13.
Wantage Town travel to Flackwell Heath, while Thame United entertain Burnham.
Banbury United enter the competition with an away match at Bishops Cleeve.
- ARDLEY United will host Hartley Wintney on Tuesday night in their preliminary round clash (7.30).
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Captain Kat Nutman leads by example as Oxford United beat Watford
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL suffer ninth-straight loss in Doncaster defeat
- FOOTBALL: Lewis Gabbidon lands double honour at Kidlington presentation night
- GOLF: Superb Adam Wootton wins CK Group PGA Kent Open Championship
- DARTS: Pairs whitewash seals it for Challow British Legion
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list