Wantage Town battled their way to a 3-2 home win against Kidlington in an FA Cup preliminary round cracker at Alfredian Park last night, with both sides reduced to ten men.
Stuart Cattell put Wantage ahead with Jimmy Deabill making it 2-0.
However, Tommy Castle and Ryan Curtin brought the Hellenic League side level after the break.
Tom Melledew’s fine individual strike restored Wantage’s lead, before both sides had a man sent off.
Kidlington’s Jack Quainton went for a foul on Danny Lachaz, before Wantage’s Karl Roberts was dismissed for a foul on Rob Johnson.
The visitors pushed for an equaliser, but Wantage held on to set up a trip to the winners of today’s North Leigh v Flackwell Heath clash.
Didcot Town were thrashed 5-1 at Beaconsfield SYCOB.
They went behind early on when a mix-up between James Foster and Adam Learoyd allowed Aaron Berry to head Beaconsfield in front, before Omari Patrick doubled their lead.
Didcot clawed one back just before half-time when Luke Carnell headed home James Organ’s cross.
John Mills had a chance to level when he rounded keeper Sam Bunting, only to hit a post.
But goals from Ollie Jones, Berry’s second and Lee Togwell sealed Didcot’s misery.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United season ticket sales set to break new ground at Kassam Stadium
- CRICKET: John Barrett hails Oxford's quality ahead of Thame Town derby
- TENNIS: Ustic saves match points on way to maiden title
- ROWING: Oxon crews reign at damp Reading regatta
- ICE HOCKEY: Elliott End set up to honour Oxford City Stars aces
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales near 4,000 target
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- GOLF: Steady Eddie Pepperell gets off to solid start at the French Open