Edwin Stein has resigned as manager of Banbury United following yesterday's 5-0 home thrashing by Cirencester Town.
It was Banbury's sixth straight defeat in the Southern League Premier Division since the start of the season.
Stein had been in charge since September 2012.
A statement from Banbury United said: "The club can confirm following yesterday's home defeat to Cirencester Town that Edwin Stein has resigned as manager of the club.
"The club would like to place on record their appreciation of the work and effort that Edwin has put in over the last two years in very difficult circumstances and wish him all the best in the future."
Former Oxford City, Witney Town, Banbury United and Didcot Town coach and Abingdon Town manager Paul Davis will be in charge of team affairs at Frome Town on Saturday.
The club statement added that further statements regarding the management position in the long term would be made in due course.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- No distractions for Oxford United as Michael Appleton only has eyes on Northampton Town clash
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales was aware of Juan Sartori's visit, says Stewart Donald
- Joe Rothwell bidding to shine for Oxford United in final Wembley audition
- Danny Higginbotham thrilled to see fellow Manchester United player Michael Appleton thrive as Oxford United head coach
- Oxford United to play it safe as John Lundstram must prove his fitness
- Josh Ruffels aims to grab big chance at Oxford United in Ryan Ledson's absence
- Teenager Canice Carroll earmarked for Oxford United role in final month
- Oxford United clash is 'huge' as Northampton Town seek to confirm safety from relegation
- MOTORSPORT: Oxfordshire's Formula 1 teams endure mixed results in Melbourne practice
- CRICKET: Former Oxfordshire batsman Martyn Lloyd dies at 62