Didcot Tn 3
(Mills 45+2, 68, 78)
Fleet Tn 0
John Mills capped a brilliant team performance with a hat-trick as Didcot Town beat ten-man Fleet Town in Southern League Division 1 South & West.
Didcot gave a start to fit-again Ryan Brooks, but he lasted only 16 minutes, before suffering a recurrence of his hamstring injury.
However, seconds before the half-time whistle, Mills took advantage of a mix-up in the Fleet defence to give Didcot the lead.
Fleet were reduced to ten men shortly after the hour mark when James Scott was sent off for foul and abusive language to the referee.
Mills coolly slotted home his second, before completing his hat-trick with a strike from outside the area.
Didcot Tn: Foster, Longford, Heapy, Self, Carnell, Learoyd, Dutton-Black, Clark, Mills (Baines 85), Brooks (Haysham 16), Whitehead (Abrahart 78). Subs not used: Janes, McKirnan.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton happy to see tackles flying in during Oxford United training
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh manager John Brough turns down rival offer
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks Ladies beaten after missing numerous chances
- RUGBY UNION: Super Danny Barnes is hat-trick hero as Chinnor run riot in 12-try show
- DARTS: Oxfordshire make home start in County Championship
- GOLF: Oxford City narrow the gap on leaders Frilford Heath
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Henley Hawks dig deep to see off Exmouth
- RUGBY UNION: Witney’s winning start in South West 1 East comes to abrupt end
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton