Banbury Utd 0
Cirencester Tn 5
(Bennett 10, 16, Jarvis 29, 48, Reed 90+2)
Banbury United hit an all-time low as they were thrashed by Cirencester Town in the Southern League Premier Division at Spencer Stadium to make it six straight defeats since the start of the season.
Rooted to the foot of the table as the only side without a point this term following Saturday’s 3-2 defeat by Bideford, Edwin Stein’s side found no sympathy from a rampant Cirencester. The visitors went in front after ten minutes through Aiden Bennett, who doubled the lead six minutes later.
Banbury were 3-0 down on the half-hour, with Nat Jarvis the marksman.
Jarvis got his second three minutes after the interval, and Banbury’s misery was complete when Jamie Reed added No 5 in stoppage time.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- I expect to score for Oxford United despite left-field switch – Ryan Taylor
- Michael Appleton searching for a cure to Oxford United's Jekyll & Hyde form
- Oxford United loan extension appeals to Charlie Raglan
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell set to miss cut after disastrous second round
- Port Vale sign former Newcastle United midfielder Ryan Taylor ahead of Oxford United clash
- Oxford United to honour 1996 promotion winners
- FOOTBALL: General manager Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to build on Poole Town win
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town boss Andy Ballard moves quickly to fill Luke Carnell void
- RUGBY UNION: Alan Hancock backs youthful Oxford Harlequins to step up in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Elliott Osborne-Ricketts leaves North Leigh for Kidlington