Banbury Utd 0
Cirencester Tn 5
(Bennett 10, 16, Jarvis 29, 48, Reed 90+2)
Banbury United hit an all-time low as they were thrashed by Cirencester Town in the Southern League Premier Division at Spencer Stadium to make it six straight defeats since the start of the season.
Rooted to the foot of the table as the only side without a point this term following Saturday’s 3-2 defeat by Bideford, Edwin Stein’s side found no sympathy from a rampant Cirencester. The visitors went in front after ten minutes through Aiden Bennett, who doubled the lead six minutes later.
Banbury were 3-0 down on the half-hour, with Nat Jarvis the marksman.
Jarvis got his second three minutes after the interval, and Banbury’s misery was complete when Jamie Reed added No 5 in stoppage time.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Chesterfield 0, Oxford United 4 (Hall 17, McAleny 35, 60 & 69)
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s a challenging schedule but we’re more than ready
- Rob Hall hoping to boost Oxford United during busy period after much-needed rest
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton left with selection headache for Chesterfield clash
- BOXING: Sammy Ait-Tales lands victory on professional debut
- TABLE TENNIS: Christine Scaysbrook's first maximum saves depleted Forum C
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford youngsters land two trophies in Cardiff
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars aim to bounce back against basement side
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Q Zone A stretch lead in Oxford League to three points