Banbury Utd 0
Cirencester Tn 5
(Bennett 10, 16, Jarvis 29, 48, Reed 90+2)
Banbury United hit an all-time low as they were thrashed by Cirencester Town in the Southern League Premier Division at Spencer Stadium to make it six straight defeats since the start of the season.
Rooted to the foot of the table as the only side without a point this term following Saturday’s 3-2 defeat by Bideford, Edwin Stein’s side found no sympathy from a rampant Cirencester. The visitors went in front after ten minutes through Aiden Bennett, who doubled the lead six minutes later.
Banbury were 3-0 down on the half-hour, with Nat Jarvis the marksman.
Jarvis got his second three minutes after the interval, and Banbury’s misery was complete when Jamie Reed added No 5 in stoppage time.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United agree loan for £2.4m striker Toni Martinez from West Ham
- Oxford United pass pitch inspection ahead of Checkatrade Trophy tie with Bradford City
- WATCH: Oxford United loan signing spectacularly scoring for West Ham in Checkatrade Trophy
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Michael Appleton delighted at four-midable Oxford United display
- Rob Hall owes me one, jokes Marvin Johnson after Oxford United win at Rochdale
- Ryan Ledson overjoyed at breaking his duck in Oxford United victory
- CRICKET: Ian Hawtin appointed chairman of selectors for Oxfordshire
- FOOTBALL: Conor McDonagh’s double shoots Banbury United into play-off spots
- FOOTBALL: Depleted North Leigh battle hard for a draw at Evesham