Banbury Utd 0
Cirencester Tn 5
(Bennett 10, 16, Jarvis 29, 48, Reed 90+2)
Banbury United hit an all-time low as they were thrashed by Cirencester Town in the Southern League Premier Division at Spencer Stadium to make it six straight defeats since the start of the season.
Rooted to the foot of the table as the only side without a point this term following Saturday’s 3-2 defeat by Bideford, Edwin Stein’s side found no sympathy from a rampant Cirencester. The visitors went in front after ten minutes through Aiden Bennett, who doubled the lead six minutes later.
Banbury were 3-0 down on the half-hour, with Nat Jarvis the marksman.
Jarvis got his second three minutes after the interval, and Banbury’s misery was complete when Jamie Reed added No 5 in stoppage time.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Northampton Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Northampton Town v Oxford United
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton jealous of Northampton Town pitch
- Chey Dunkley points to Oxford United's never-say-die spirit as key factor in battling on two fronts
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Back on the road and ready for another Cobblers clash
- ICE HOCKEY: Simon Anderson eyes final as Oxford City Stars begin play-off bid
- TABLE TENNIS: Karl Bushell wins Hewitt Cup for 11th time
- BOXING: Berinsfield earn clean sweep in Devon
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Andy Wallace nominated for Motor Sport Hall of Fame
- SWIMMING: Ayanna Fulga stars as City of Oxford impress in Cardiff