Banbury Utd 0
Cirencester Tn 5
(Bennett 10, 16, Jarvis 29, 48, Reed 90+2)
Banbury United hit an all-time low as they were thrashed by Cirencester Town in the Southern League Premier Division at Spencer Stadium to make it six straight defeats since the start of the season.
Rooted to the foot of the table as the only side without a point this term following Saturday’s 3-2 defeat by Bideford, Edwin Stein’s side found no sympathy from a rampant Cirencester. The visitors went in front after ten minutes through Aiden Bennett, who doubled the lead six minutes later.
Banbury were 3-0 down on the half-hour, with Nat Jarvis the marksman.
Jarvis got his second three minutes after the interval, and Banbury’s misery was complete when Jamie Reed added No 5 in stoppage time.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails 'remarkable' away support as Oxford United beat Carlisle
- Oxford United keeper Benji Buchel so thankful to Danny Hylton for goalline clearance
- Missed chances frustrate Oxford United head coach Michael Appleton in victory over Carlisle United
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United celebrate return to top flight after play-off victory
- WEEKEND RESULTS: April 30-May 1
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City sign off with home defeat
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire start Unicorns Counties Trophy bid with defeat to Devon
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Carlisle United