Wimborne Tn 0
Wantage Tn 0
New boys Wantage grabbed their first point following at Wimborne in Division 1 South & West on Saturday, thanks to a top display from keeper Lee Farrow.
The visitors had suffered an early set back when Jon Steedman went off injured.
And after Tom Melledew fired into the side-netting, Jimmy Deabill also limped off.
After the break, Wimborne’s Matt Kemble hit a post before the hosts were reduced to ten men when Ian Oliver was sent off for a professional foul on Guy.
As Wimborne piled forward Farrow saved Kemble’s close-range header.
Wantage also went a man down when substitute Jake Johns went for two bookings.
Late on, Farrow performed his heroics as he denied Paul Arnold as Wantage held on for their first point.
Wantage Tn: Farrow, Barder, Jones, Steedman (Kidd 15) Cattell, Da Costa, Riccio, Lachacz, Melledew (Johns 74) Deabill (Roberts 31) Guy. Sub not used: Millward.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- More details on OxVox stadium bid - but talks 'on hold' due to U's takeover interest
- Liam Sercombe a step closer to Oxford United departure
- POINT-TO-POINT: Lisa O'Neill backing Ireland to stop the rot in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City reveal bumper pre-season programme
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell eyes putting improvements ahead of US Open qualifying
- TENNIS: North Oxford extend super streak to keep promotion push on track
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League preview
- POINT-TO-POINT: Will Biddick does not expect home advantage to help Great Britain in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton