Kidlington welcome back Jack Quainton for tomorrow’s FA Cup extra preliminary round home tie against fellow Uhlsport Hellenic League side Newbury.
The midfielder has completed his suspension and goes straight back into a side which took over at the top of the Premier Division on goal difference with a 2-1 win at Shrivenham on Wednesday.
Boss Martin Wilkinson will give late fitness tests to Tommy Castle and Martin Dawson who picked up knocks in midweek, while he is optimistic that winger Rob Johnson could play some part after returning from injury.
Ardley United, like Kidlington, will look to extend their winning run to three matches when they hosts Combined Counties Division 1 outfit Ash United.
Abingdon United travel to Holyport for their tie on Sunday (1pm), as the hosts’ pitch is being used for cricket tomorrow.
Kidlington (v Newbury, home): from Bawn, C Weedon, B Weedon, Blakely, Rice, Franklin, Dawson, Cassettari, Curtin, Coyle, Castle, Duerden, Willoughby, Hill, McGowan, Brown-Porter, Quainton, Sanders, Johnson.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Sheffield United 2 (Sharp 65, Wilson 73), Oxford United 1 (Hemmings 16)
- LIVE - Sheffield United v Oxford United
- Oxford United forward Chris Maguire eager to keep Sheffield United quiet
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It is crucial we start well to silence the home support
- MOTORSPORT: Williams duo Bottas and Massa ready for Spa test
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire beat Bedfordshire in final to win Wormsley T20
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women's captain Kat Nutman could return at Durham
- CRICKET: Max Smith's super spell speeds Oxford Under 17s to second national title in three years
- ANGLING: Champions Drennan win again thanks to the Hobbs
- Patient Joe Rothwell hoping first Oxford United start left a lasting impression