RYAN Curtin struck two early goals, including a penalty, as Kidlington beat Holyport 5-0 on the opening day of the Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division campaign.
Charlie Cassettari also scored twice for the home side, either side of a spectacular 40-yard effort from Lewis Coyle.
Kidlington lost Rob Johnson in the second half through injury.
Last season’s runners-up Ardley United got off to a strong start with a 3-1 home defeat of Cheltenham Saracens.
Troy Bryan put them ahead before going off with a knee injury.
Ardley, who also lost Tommy Kinch with a head wound, completed the tally through Kieran Strange and Alex baird’s own goal after Josh Swales had qualised for Cheltenham.
Newly-promoted Milton United picked up a point in a 2-2 draw at Bracknell Town.
Shane Cooper-Clark scored twice for the home team, with Adam Bruce and Rob Joyce replying.
Hosts Abingdon United and Newbury fought out a goalless draw.
Oxford City Nomads went down 2-1 at home to Shrivenham, for whom Matt Bennett netted twice.
Chris Janes replied for Nomads.
In Division 1 West, Hook Norton caused an upset after a 3-1 win away to last seasons’s champions Tytherington Rocks, who fielded a much-changed side.
Dan Watkin, David Polk and Sam Grant scored for Hooky.
North Leigh United lost 2-1 at Purton, who won with late goals from David Slattery and Paul Carson after Jack Morton had put the visitors ahead.
Wantage Town Res crashed 6-1 away to new boys Longlevens, Jordan Davies scoring their only goal.
Carterton triumphed 4-2 at home to Cirencester Town Development, Reece Bayliss scoring twice together with goals from Jordan Cormack and Hidatsa El-Harram. Ian McSherry and Tom Luce replied.
Clanfield lost 1-0 at Lydney, with Patrick Gibbs scoring the only goal .
Letcombe, with outfielder Adam Claydon in goal, went down at home to 3-1 to New College Swindon, whose goals came from David Kinuthia, Jack Croucher and Josh Goddard.
Marc Merritt netted for the losers.
Didcot Town Res were the day’s highest scorers winning 8-0 away at Chalfont Wasps in Division 1 East.
Arran Gray scored twice, with strikes coming from by Bryn Ingram, Lewis Noble, Ross McDonald, Tom Hoskins, David Murphy and Taylor James.
Shaun Jacobs scored for Headington Amateurs,who went down 2-1 at home to Wokingham & Embrook.
Old Woodstock Town drew 2-2 at home to Henley Town, thanks to Aaron Posey and Jack Dunmall.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are hoping for some home comforts
- Kane Hemmings eyeing big push from Oxford United
- Michael Appleton faced with Oxford United defensive dilemma ahead of Oldham clash
- ANGLING: Martin Phipps leaves rivals in the cold
- TRAMPOLINING: Windrush Valley girls land regional team crown
- GYMNASTICS: Abingdon's Lili-Mae Snuggs claims top-ten spots in national championships
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A go top of Oxford League after victory over Green Road A
- TABLE TENNIS: Chris Smith's epic victory give Forum victory over Vikings
- Chris Maguire loving life at Oxford United – but it's 'too early' for contract talks
- Rob Hall eyes final fitness milestone in Oxford United's clash with Oldham Athletic