Didcot Town joint manager Ian Concannon praised his players after they were beaten 1-0 at home by Oxford United in a pre-season friendly on Saturday.
The Railwaymen have impressed in pre-season and Concannon is confident that they will start their Calor League Division 1 South & West campaign in good shape.
“I think we gave a very good account of ourselves and I think the lads can take a lot of credit from it,” he said.
“We’ve still got three weeks to go, we’ve got games to play and training to get on with and we’re not quite there yet, but come August 9 and Swindon Supermarine at home we will be.”
Didcot believe they have finished their summer recruitment with the signing of Oxford City defender Adam Learoyd, who made his debut against the U’s.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United 2 (Nelson 16, Hall 17), Shrewsbury Town 0
- Oxford United v Shrewsbury Town - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s our final game but we won’t be in cruise control
- Oxford United unveil new home kit
- Permutations: Nine teams in League One have all to play for in final game today
- Oxford United in talks to extend contract of skipper John Lundstram beyond next season
- Oxford United out to sign off on a high against Shrewsbury
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn’s offered Olympic trial despite defeat
- MOTORSPORT: Renault driver Jolyon Palmer is against new safety shield
- BASKETBALL: Oxfordshire trio in junior regional side