Didcot Town joint manager Ian Concannon praised his players after they were beaten 1-0 at home by Oxford United in a pre-season friendly on Saturday.
The Railwaymen have impressed in pre-season and Concannon is confident that they will start their Calor League Division 1 South & West campaign in good shape.
“I think we gave a very good account of ourselves and I think the lads can take a lot of credit from it,” he said.
“We’ve still got three weeks to go, we’ve got games to play and training to get on with and we’re not quite there yet, but come August 9 and Swindon Supermarine at home we will be.”
Didcot believe they have finished their summer recruitment with the signing of Oxford City defender Adam Learoyd, who made his debut against the U’s.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United eye loan market for winger after permanent move for top target stalls
- Simon Eastwood braced for ‘different’ mood as Oxford United set for low Checkatrade Trophy attendance
- FOOTBALL: Stuttering Oxford City beaten by ten-man Gosport Borough
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ella Franklin-Fraiture strike in vain as Oxford United fall to Durham defeat
- FOOTBALL: Superb North Leigh beat Swindon Supermarine to make four wins in a row
- DARTS: West Oxford Democrats Club survive scare to stay top of Section 2
- GOLF: Latest results from across Oxfordshire
- Jake Wright: It was a strange feeling facing Oxford United
- Oxford United fans' chat
- We let them off the hook, says Michael Appleton after Oxford United defeat