Didcot Town joint manager Ian Concannon praised his players after they were beaten 1-0 at home by Oxford United in a pre-season friendly on Saturday.
The Railwaymen have impressed in pre-season and Concannon is confident that they will start their Calor League Division 1 South & West campaign in good shape.
“I think we gave a very good account of ourselves and I think the lads can take a lot of credit from it,” he said.
“We’ve still got three weeks to go, we’ve got games to play and training to get on with and we’re not quite there yet, but come August 9 and Swindon Supermarine at home we will be.”
Didcot believe they have finished their summer recruitment with the signing of Oxford City defender Adam Learoyd, who made his debut against the U’s.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton happy to see tackles flying in during Oxford United training
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh manager John Brough turns down rival offer
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks Ladies beaten after missing numerous chances
- RUGBY UNION: Super Danny Barnes is hat-trick hero as Chinnor run riot in 12-try show
- DARTS: Oxfordshire make home start in County Championship
- GOLF: Oxford City narrow the gap on leaders Frilford Heath
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Henley Hawks dig deep to see off Exmouth
- RUGBY UNION: Witney’s winning start in South West 1 East comes to abrupt end
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton