Didcot Town joint manager Ian Concannon praised his players after they were beaten 1-0 at home by Oxford United in a pre-season friendly on Saturday.
The Railwaymen have impressed in pre-season and Concannon is confident that they will start their Calor League Division 1 South & West campaign in good shape.
“I think we gave a very good account of ourselves and I think the lads can take a lot of credit from it,” he said.
“We’ve still got three weeks to go, we’ve got games to play and training to get on with and we’re not quite there yet, but come August 9 and Swindon Supermarine at home we will be.”
Didcot believe they have finished their summer recruitment with the signing of Oxford City defender Adam Learoyd, who made his debut against the U’s.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United thought West Brom rising star Tyler Roberts would be out of their league – Fazackerley
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell slips down the field after second round in Thailand
- ROWING: Zoe de Toledo’s eyeing Olympic gold hunt in Rio
- CRICKET: Abingdon Vale teenager Ben Charlesworth to make Oxfordshire debut against Devon
- CRICKET: Banbury captain Lloyd Sabin delighted with Luke Ryan's form ahead of High Wycombe clash
- CRICKET: Skipper Charlie Brain rallies Shipton-under-Wychwood ahead of Horspath challenge
- ROWING: Duarte bags sculls success
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- Darryl Eales: Fan boycott would hurt Oxford United more than the EFL Trophy
- Oxford United's record-breaking season ticket sales pass 5,000