North Leigh have boosted their Southern League campaign by signing former Bolton Wanderers and Aberdeen striker Michael Bird.
Bird, 30, started his career at the north west club before an impressive trial took him to Scottish Premier League side Dons on a free transfer.
After two appearances for the Dons, he had spells at Glenavon in Northern Ireland, Northwich Victoria, Witton Albion, Caernarfon Town and Warrington Town.
Bird was coaching at Blackpool’s centre of excellence before a job change took him south.
Millers’ boss Mark Gee has also recuited former Swindon keeper Matt Bulman, ex-Southampton youngster Callum McNish, and Conor Ingram, who was released by Oxford United where he was a second-year trainee.
Bulman, 27, is a highly experienced keeper who also had spells at Salisbury City, Forest Green Rovers, Swindon Supermarine and Cirencester before switching to Oxford City last season.
McNish, 22, started his career at the Saints, before joining Exeter City.
He signed for Braintree Town and had a spell at Basingstoke Town before switching to City.
Left-sided defender Matt Woodley, the younger brother of U’s forward Aaron, has re-joined Didcot Town where he spent some of last season.
Most of last season’s squad have re-signed for the new campaign, namely Brian Bowles, Jon Else, Scott Gee, Andy Gunn, Stuart Hole, Michael Hopkins, Elliott Osborne-Ricketts, Kieran Sanders, Wayne Turk, Zak Westlake and Morgan Williams.
Latest Sport news
- Millwall result will determine Oxford United mood for next fortnight, says captain John Lundstram
- Oxford United boss issues warning over dangerous Millwall strikers
- Millwall manager Neil Harris full of respect for 'attack-minded' Oxford United
- Striker Wes Thomas’s calf injuries proving a mystery for Oxford United
- OxVox column: How I ended up building a network of exiles
- FOOTBALL: Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to deliver without suspended captain Scott Davies
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins and Banbury ready to lock horns in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Wantage Town eye good end to tough week ahead of FA Trophy tie at Weymouth
- FOOTBALL: George McEachran features for England in European Under 17 Championship qualifiers
- ROWING: Wallingford's Ellie Piggott and Brianna Stubbs hold on to national title