Didcot Tn 0
(Odubade 32, Constable 60, 72)
Former Oxford United stars James Constable and Yemi Odubade were on the scoresheet as Didcot Town were beaten at home by Conference Premier side Eastleigh in a pre-season friendly last night, writes MATTHEW BRUCE.
The visitors boasted four former U’s among their ranks, with Odubade and Craig McAllister starting up front and Jack Midson and legendary goalscorer Constable on the bench.
And it was one of those Oxford alumni who gave Eastleigh the lead in the 32nd minute as Odubade broke quickly through the centre of the field before striking past goalkeeper James Foster.
Constable was introduced to the fray at half-time and doubled Eastleigh’s advantage on the hour mark, stooping to head in from close range.
Didcot, playing their first pre-season friendly, made a host of changes throughout the second half and twice went close to halving the deficit through substitute Pablo Haysham.
But Constable notched his second of the night and the visitors’ third on 72 minutes, evading his marker before heading home at the back post from a floated Midson cross to complete the scoring.
Didcot Tn: Foster (Williams HT), Elkins (Organ 52), Parish (Harris 66), Baines (Bernascon 52), Carnell (Haysham 52), Heapy (Longford 52), Dutton-Black (Palfreeman 52), Clarke (McKirnan 52), Brooks (Mills 52), Abrahart (Self 52), Whitehead (Paul 52).
Referee: G Scott.
- Oxford United season ticket sales set to break new ground at Kassam Stadium
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter thrilled by Wimbledon call
- CRICKET: Vice-captain Jonny Cater backs Oxfordshire to end poor run in Unicorns Counties Championship
- RUGBY UNION: Bevon Armitage has high hopes after signing for Chinnor
- CRICKET: Great & Little Tew captain Andy Harris delighted by Joe Thomas form
- CRICKET: John Barrett hails Oxford's quality ahead of Thame Town derby
- TENNIS: Ustic saves match points on way to maiden title
- ROWING: Oxon crews reign at damp Reading regatta
- ICE HOCKEY: Elliott End set up to honour Oxford City Stars aces
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain