Didcot Tn 0
(Odubade 32, Constable 60, 72)
Former Oxford United stars James Constable and Yemi Odubade were on the scoresheet as Didcot Town were beaten at home by Conference Premier side Eastleigh in a pre-season friendly last night, writes MATTHEW BRUCE.
The visitors boasted four former U’s among their ranks, with Odubade and Craig McAllister starting up front and Jack Midson and legendary goalscorer Constable on the bench.
And it was one of those Oxford alumni who gave Eastleigh the lead in the 32nd minute as Odubade broke quickly through the centre of the field before striking past goalkeeper James Foster.
Constable was introduced to the fray at half-time and doubled Eastleigh’s advantage on the hour mark, stooping to head in from close range.
Didcot, playing their first pre-season friendly, made a host of changes throughout the second half and twice went close to halving the deficit through substitute Pablo Haysham.
But Constable notched his second of the night and the visitors’ third on 72 minutes, evading his marker before heading home at the back post from a floated Midson cross to complete the scoring.
Didcot Tn: Foster (Williams HT), Elkins (Organ 52), Parish (Harris 66), Baines (Bernascon 52), Carnell (Haysham 52), Heapy (Longford 52), Dutton-Black (Palfreeman 52), Clarke (McKirnan 52), Brooks (Mills 52), Abrahart (Self 52), Whitehead (Paul 52).
Referee: G Scott.
- Charlton Athletic 0, Oxford United 1 (McAleny 11)
- UPDATES - Charlton Athletic v Oxford United
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must forget FA Cup and make most of game in hand at Charlton Athletic
- Michael Appleton: We must be 'clever' to solve Oxford United's selection jigsaw
- FOOTBALL: Steve Roberts strikes twice as Heyford Athletic beat Cropredy
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- RUGBY UNION: Second-half show guides leaders Chinnor to vital victory as Henley Hawks also triumph
- HOCKEY: Lucy Stewart’s super double secures comeback victory for Oxford Hawks
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins complete double over Banbury, while Witney and Grove also taste victory
- DARTS: Peachcroft make their class tell to sink Kings Arms in Oxford League