Adam Bruce led the way with a hat-trick as Milton United showed little festive hospitality by trouncing visitors Wokingham & Emmbrook 7-0 in Uhlsport Hellenic League Division 1 East on Saturday.

Also joining in the fun were Rob Joyce, with a brace, while the scoring was completed by a goal each from Chris Brind and Ben Taylor.

The victory lifted Milton up to fourth, with games in hand on the clubs above them.

Headington Amateurs moved within two points of long-time leaders AFC Hinksey with a 2-1 victory away to Didcot Town Res.

Kieran Collins gave Didcot the lead after only five minutes, but Headington hit back to score either side of the break through Yannick Nkwanyou and Ollie Zaja.

AFC Hinksey’s match at home to Chalfont Wasps, was, like many matches on Saturday, called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

In one of only two Premier Division games to be played, Thame United drew 2-2 away to Wootton Bassett Town.

Thame twice led through Ollie Lynch, after seven minutes, and Matt Willett (84).

But the hosts levelled teach time through Jordan Roberts (61) and Sam Collier, the latter goal coming just two minutes from time.

Letcombe may be bottom of Division 1 West, but they gave in-form visitors Fairford a late scare before going down 3-2.

Playing against the wind, Letcombe went behind after six minutes, when Matt Boucher’s 20-yard shot dipped over the head of keeper Danny Joyce.

The visitors were twice denied before the break when Lyle Gifford and Jack Hamblin saw shot brilliantly saved by Fairford keeper Ben Mitchell.

Free-scoring Fairford doubled their lead in the 69th minute when Dan Bailey was quickest to react and headed home a corner from six yards. They added a third three minutes later, John Watson chipping past Joyce.

Gifford reduced the arr-ears two minutes later, side-footing home after Ben Mitchell had parried a shot from Alex Thomas.

Andy Goodchild made it 3-2 in added time following a right-wing cross.

But there was no time left for Letcombe to force an equaliser.