Oxford United led for 86 minutes in their FA Women’s Super League 2 basement clash against London Bees at The Hive last night only to be held to a 1-1 draw, writes MATTHEW BRUCE.
Laura Low gave United the lead after just three minutes, latching onto a poor backpass before confidently rounding goalkeeper Sophie Harris and slotting home.
The U’s could have doubled their lead before the break when Ella Franklin-Fraiture blazed over from close in.
The U’s looked set for their second win of the season.
However, they were left devastated after substitute Rebecca Anderson took advantage of a defensive mix-up to fire past the unguarded Demi Lambourne in the final minute of normal time.
Oxford Utd Women: Lambourne, Hines, Osborne-Ricketts, Chivers, Stanley, Allison (Pickett 70), Low (Nichol 83), Nutman, Connor-Iommi, Alexander, Franklin-Fraiture (King 66). Subs not used: Marshall, Pinker.
Referee: T Donnellan.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest United news:
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- Oxford United add Barnet trip to pre-season schedule
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise