OXFORD United Women’s manager Les Taylor has warned his players that they will have to be at their best to upset unbeaten Doncaster Rovers Belles at Abingdon United’s Northcourt Road tomorrow (2pm), writes MATTHEW BRUCE.
The U’s are without captain Sahara Osborne-Ricketts for the Women’s Super League 2 clash after she injured an ankle in their 2-1 defeat at Aston Villa a fortnight ago.
Taylor said: “Doncaster are one of the favourites to get promotion, they’re second in the division, so we’ve got to be at our very best and work to a gameplan to try and get a result.
“We had a bit of a heavy defeat when we played Doncaster earlier this season, but it was early days for us. Games since then have been quite tight and we’ve only missed out by the odd goal.
Oxford Utd: from Cox, Mobbs, Hines, Chivers, Allison, Pinker, Low, King, Nutman, Connor-Iommi, Lambourne, Franklin-Fraiture, Nichol, Stanley, Fellows, Alexander, Simmonds.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales near 4,000 target
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- GOLF: Steady Eddie Pepperell gets off to solid start at the French Open
- BOWLS: Carterton suffer blow to Oxfordshire League Division 1 title hopes
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire teenager Alexis Canter handed junior Wimbledon wildcard
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve