OXFORD United Women’s manager Les Taylor has warned his players that they will have to be at their best to upset unbeaten Doncaster Rovers Belles at Abingdon United’s Northcourt Road tomorrow (2pm), writes MATTHEW BRUCE.
The U’s are without captain Sahara Osborne-Ricketts for the Women’s Super League 2 clash after she injured an ankle in their 2-1 defeat at Aston Villa a fortnight ago.
Taylor said: “Doncaster are one of the favourites to get promotion, they’re second in the division, so we’ve got to be at our very best and work to a gameplan to try and get a result.
“We had a bit of a heavy defeat when we played Doncaster earlier this season, but it was early days for us. Games since then have been quite tight and we’ve only missed out by the odd goal.
Oxford Utd: from Cox, Mobbs, Hines, Chivers, Allison, Pinker, Low, King, Nutman, Connor-Iommi, Lambourne, Franklin-Fraiture, Nichol, Stanley, Fellows, Alexander, Simmonds.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United eye loan market for winger after permanent move for top target stalls
- Simon Eastwood braced for ‘different’ mood as Oxford United set for low Checkatrade Trophy attendance
- FOOTBALL: Stuttering Oxford City beaten by ten-man Gosport Borough
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ella Franklin-Fraiture strike in vain as Oxford United fall to Durham defeat
- FOOTBALL: Superb North Leigh beat Swindon Supermarine to make four wins in a row
- DARTS: West Oxford Democrats Club survive scare to stay top of Section 2
- GOLF: Latest results from across Oxfordshire
- Jake Wright: It was a strange feeling facing Oxford United
- Oxford United fans' chat
- We let them off the hook, says Michael Appleton after Oxford United defeat