WITH no new injury concerns Oxford United could name an unchanged starting line-up for the first time this season.
Head coach Michael Appleton praised the side who played well in a 1-0 defeat at Morecambe on Tuesday night.
With only long-term injured pair Ryan Clarke and Andy Whing in the treatment room, there is a strong chance the XI will be the same against Portsmouth this afternoon.
Appleton, who managed Pompey from 2011-12 said: “The lads did themselves the power of good.
“It’s up to myself and the staff to see if there’s anything Portsmouth can bring to the table that would worry me with the players we’ve got.
“If there isn’t, then at times performances can pick themselves.”
Pompey manager Andy Awford has made a minimum of four changes per game.
His large squad is boosted by the return of Adam Webster from suspension.
But forward Patrick Agyemang (hamstring), midfielder Wes Fogden (knee), defender Danny East (groin) and former U’s striker Tom Craddock (knee) are out.
Oxford Utd: from G Long, Riley, Mullins, Wright, Newey, Collins, Ruffels, Rose, Hylton, Brown, Morris, Jakubiak, O’Dowda, Potter, Meades, Raynes, S Long, Hunt, Crocombe.
Portsmouth: from Jones, Devera, Chorley, Robinson, Shorey, Hollands, Dunne, Wallace, Westcarr, Holmes, Taylor, Atangana, Whatmaugh, Butler, Awford, Webster, Barcham, Storey, Wynter, Brezovan.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United thought West Brom rising star Tyler Roberts would be out of their league – Fazackerley
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell slips down the field after second round in Thailand
- ROWING: Zoe de Toledo’s eyeing Olympic gold hunt in Rio
- CRICKET: Abingdon Vale teenager Ben Charlesworth to make Oxfordshire debut against Devon
- CRICKET: Banbury captain Lloyd Sabin delighted with Luke Ryan's form ahead of High Wycombe clash
- CRICKET: Skipper Charlie Brain rallies Shipton-under-Wychwood ahead of Horspath challenge
- ROWING: Duarte bags sculls success
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- Darryl Eales: Fan boycott would hurt Oxford United more than the EFL Trophy
- Oxford United's record-breaking season ticket sales pass 5,000