WITH no new injury concerns Oxford United could name an unchanged starting line-up for the first time this season.
Head coach Michael Appleton praised the side who played well in a 1-0 defeat at Morecambe on Tuesday night.
With only long-term injured pair Ryan Clarke and Andy Whing in the treatment room, there is a strong chance the XI will be the same against Portsmouth this afternoon.
Appleton, who managed Pompey from 2011-12 said: “The lads did themselves the power of good.
“It’s up to myself and the staff to see if there’s anything Portsmouth can bring to the table that would worry me with the players we’ve got.
“If there isn’t, then at times performances can pick themselves.”
Pompey manager Andy Awford has made a minimum of four changes per game.
His large squad is boosted by the return of Adam Webster from suspension.
But forward Patrick Agyemang (hamstring), midfielder Wes Fogden (knee), defender Danny East (groin) and former U’s striker Tom Craddock (knee) are out.
Oxford Utd: from G Long, Riley, Mullins, Wright, Newey, Collins, Ruffels, Rose, Hylton, Brown, Morris, Jakubiak, O’Dowda, Potter, Meades, Raynes, S Long, Hunt, Crocombe.
Portsmouth: from Jones, Devera, Chorley, Robinson, Shorey, Hollands, Dunne, Wallace, Westcarr, Holmes, Taylor, Atangana, Whatmaugh, Butler, Awford, Webster, Barcham, Storey, Wynter, Brezovan.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton wishes departing loanee Dan Crowley well ahead of Dutch move from Arsenal
- Oxford United make request to West Bromwich Albion for Tyler Roberts loan extension
- VARSITY MATCH: Oxford's record run over as Cambridge edge thriller
- LIVE UPDATES: The Varsity Matches
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford University beat Cambridge University in Women's Varsity Match
- VARSITY MATCH: Oxford University fly half Basil Strang gets his kicks by playing at Twickenham
- Oxford United drawn at home to Scunthorpe United in Checkatrade Trophy
- VARSITY MATCH: Pressure is still on us, admits Oxford University winger Tom Stileman
- VARSITY MATCH: Catherine Wilcock backing Oxford University Women to step up
- RUGBY UNION: Dark Blues skipper Fergus Taylor out for more Varsity Match joy