Ardley United strolled to victory with a 5-1 thrashing of Ash United in the extra preliminary round on Saturday.
Danny Bone (2), Chris Jackson, Joe Eyre, and Ollie Stanbridge were on target for the Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division high-fliers against the Combined Counties League Division 1 side.
Ardley went ahead on 15 minutes when Jackson headed in Callum Convey’s corner.
They doubled their lead eight minutes later when Bone finished well from a Murray Nicholls pass and, on the stroke of half-time, Eyre fired home after exchanging passes with Bone to make it 3-0.
Ash clawed a goal back three minutes after the break when Dan Moore’s deflected shot beat Harding.
However, Bone hammered in his second on 71 minutes to restore the three-goal lead.
Six minutes from time, Ardley sealed it when skipper Stanbridge lashed home after chasing a long kick from Harding.
Ardley now host either Hartley Wintney or Frimley on August 30.
Kidlington set up a trip to Wantage Town on August 29 with a 3-0 win at home to Newbury, despite the second-half dismissal of Chris Weedon.
The home side went ahead on 20 minutes when Lewis Coyle fired in.
They doubled their lead on the half-hour mark when Weedon’s cross was headed in by skipper Chris Blakely for his first Kidlington goal.
After the break, Coyle was denied by Freddie Gee in the Newbury goal.
But it was all over on 57 minutes when Charlie Cassettari powerfully headed in Kidlington’s third goal.
On 67 minutes Kidlington were reduced to ten men when Weedon was sent off after a melee.
That had little effect on the hosts who saw it out with little difficulty.
A 35-minute strike from Matt Bown sealed a 1-0 win for Shrivenham at Reading Town.
They now play Shortwood United in the next round.
Luke Ricketts’ goal earned Thame United a 1-0 win at Cove and a home tie with Highmoor Ibis.
Milton United face a home replay tomorrow night after drawing 1-1 at Chertsey Town. Harry Dalton put Milton ahead, but the hosts levelled late on. The winners will be at home to Marlow.
Anaclet Odhiambo scored twice as Abingdon United drew 2-2 at Holyport yesterday.
Sam Jones had put the hosts ahead before Odhiambo’s double made it 2-1, only for Tom Kaill to set up a replay tomorrow night.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign
- GOLF: Steady first round from Eddie Pepperell at Wentworth
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell looking forward to Wentworth
- BOWLS: Tidball's last shot earns South Oxford thrilling victory
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter upbeat over fitness ahead of junior French Open bid
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints too strong for Jurassic Coast Raptors
- ATHLETICS: Emma O'Hara stars as Radley are made to battle in Southern League