Ardley United chairman Norman Stacey says he can’t wait for the season to start as the club looks to win the Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division title for the first time.
Last season they were beaten to the crown by Wantage Townby two points.
However, Ardley have lost five key players, including strikers Ryan Brooks, who left to join Didcot Town, and Steve Howkins to Easington.
But Murray Nicholls and Danny Bone are back, while Keiren Strange (Oxford City) and ex-Kidlington forward Diego Petriaggi have signed.
“Winning the title is the aim because there’s only one promotion place,” said Stacey. “We’ve already got the ground grading for the Southern League in place.
Ardley start their season tomorrow at home to Cheltenham Saracens.
Stacey added: “I’m hopeful and excited about the new season.”
Abingdon United will be looking for Anaclet Odhiambo to boost their goals tally this season, starting with the visit of Newbury.
The striker, who joins from the now-defunct AFC Hinksey, heads their list of recruits.
Abingdon are without Jamie Zoldan (holiday), Graham Edney (wedding), Andrew Younie (wedding), Josh Crooke (banned), Adam Garner and Tom Butler (both injured).
Tomorrow’s squad Abingdon Utd (v Newbury, home): from Durrant, Rookes, Rowe,Thorne, Laurence, Threlfall, J McCalmon, Langford, Odhiambo, Sc Davis, Hannigan, Alder, S Davis, Mcneil, Doyle, Rutherford.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United catch their breath ahead of fixture 'carnage'
- Two years on, Joe Skarz is so thankful he took 'massive step' to join Oxford United
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United off-field wranglings 'not a massive issue as long as I know what's going on'
- UPDATE: Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United is a sell-out
- From the Oxford United boardroom column: Why we issued the stadium statement now
- Rochdale's winning run at home should be an incentive for Oxford United, says Curtis Nelson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses cut at Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship
- FOOTBALL: Josh Ashby loan extension from Oxford United is ‘like a new signing’, says Oxford City boss Mark Jones
- RUGBY UNION: Matt Williams urges Chinnor to build momentum in National League 2 South
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington manager Julian McCalmon backs Anaclet Odhiambo to shrug off penalty miss