Ardley United chairman Norman Stacey says he can’t wait for the season to start as the club looks to win the Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division title for the first time.
Last season they were beaten to the crown by Wantage Townby two points.
However, Ardley have lost five key players, including strikers Ryan Brooks, who left to join Didcot Town, and Steve Howkins to Easington.
But Murray Nicholls and Danny Bone are back, while Keiren Strange (Oxford City) and ex-Kidlington forward Diego Petriaggi have signed.
“Winning the title is the aim because there’s only one promotion place,” said Stacey. “We’ve already got the ground grading for the Southern League in place.
Ardley start their season tomorrow at home to Cheltenham Saracens.
Stacey added: “I’m hopeful and excited about the new season.”
Abingdon United will be looking for Anaclet Odhiambo to boost their goals tally this season, starting with the visit of Newbury.
The striker, who joins from the now-defunct AFC Hinksey, heads their list of recruits.
Abingdon are without Jamie Zoldan (holiday), Graham Edney (wedding), Andrew Younie (wedding), Josh Crooke (banned), Adam Garner and Tom Butler (both injured).
Tomorrow’s squad Abingdon Utd (v Newbury, home): from Durrant, Rookes, Rowe,Thorne, Laurence, Threlfall, J McCalmon, Langford, Odhiambo, Sc Davis, Hannigan, Alder, S Davis, Mcneil, Doyle, Rutherford.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Chris Maguire hails 'remarkable' away support as Oxford United beat Carlisle
- Oxford United keeper Benji Buchel so thankful to Danny Hylton for goalline clearance
- Missed chances frustrate Oxford United head coach Michael Appleton in victory over Carlisle United
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash
- WEEKEND RESULTS: April 30-May 1
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City sign off with home defeat
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire start Unicorns Counties Trophy bid with defeat to Devon
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Carlisle United
- Oxford United fortunate to not concede penalty, says Carlisle United boss Keith Curle
- Michael Appleton delighted Oxford United keep hold of their promotion destiny