North Leigh have boosted their Southern League campaign by signing former Bolton Wanderers and Aberdeen striker Michael Bird.
Bird, 30, started his career at the north west club before an impressive trial took him to Scottish Premier League side Dons on a free transfer.
After two appearances for the Dons, he had spells at Glenavon in Northern Ireland, Northwich Victoria, Witton Albion, Caernarfon Town and Warrington Town.
Bird was coaching at Blackpool’s centre of excellence before a job change took him south.
Millers’ boss Mark Gee has also recuited former Swindon keeper Matt Bulman, ex-Southampton youngster Callum McNish, and Conor Ingram, who was released by Oxford United where he was a second-year trainee.
Bulman, 27, is a highly experienced keeper who also had spells at Salisbury City, Forest Green Rovers, Swindon Supermarine and Cirencester before switching to Oxford City last season.
McNish, 22, started his career at the Saints, before joining Exeter City.
He signed for Braintree Town and had a spell at Basingstoke Town before switching to City.
Left-sided defender Matt Woodley, the younger brother of U’s forward Aaron, has re-joined Didcot Town where he spent some of last season.
Most of last season’s squad have re-signed for the new campaign, namely Brian Bowles, Jon Else, Scott Gee, Andy Gunn, Stuart Hole, Michael Hopkins, Elliott Osborne-Ricketts, Kieran Sanders, Wayne Turk, Zak Westlake and Morgan Williams.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- Oxford United's Emirates FA Cup replay not selected for live television coverage
- RUGBY UNION: Former Oxford-based club London Welsh go into liquidation
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four