Oxford MailUpdate: Danny Hylton is Waddock's first signing for Oxford United (From Oxford Mail)

Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us

Report this comment
  • "
    Oxokuba wrote:
    Coyyellows wrote:
    Oxokuba wrote:
    Franco81 wrote:
    Coyyellows wrote:
    Oxokuba wrote:
    Coyyellows wrote:
    I don't blame him or any of the players if they seem a bit cold with fans , with the way some of our supporters verbally attacked some of our players last season during games , jake, dean Smalley ect , what do fans expect ? There's crtisism and then there's waving hand gestures at players , calling players disgusting names .
    The rest of the team aren't stupid , they see and hear what's going on to there team mates , who do you think there going to side with.?
    The fans have played there part massively in the negativity of the club
    you are hilarious in an unfunny way. Fans pay the players wages and turn up every season to witness the same flops for the last 4 years and you think fans have no right to be negative? Has it occurred to you that fans just want to see a bit of success occasionally. Why do you think fans attend games? If Lenagan publicly stated that he's happy for the club to remain in league two for the next 10 years I presume you would be happy to share such a lack of ambition? 'Players seem a bit cold with fans?' what do you mean? You think this is ok? Players are playing in the lowest league and not many of them move upwards so perhaps they share your acceptance of mediocrity and fans should just pay up shut up and be content? You're very good at telling other fans to 'do one' which is hilarious (not really, it's ignorant) because they disagree with your bizarre one eyed view of what a fan should be. Players at this club get the benefit of being part of one of the best supported club in this league so maybe it's time for the players to show their appreciation by giving fans something to applaud. All you do is attack supporters for being intelligent enough to want something more than failure.
    And you are just the kind of typical stuburn fan we have who thinks just because we get considerably a lot more fans than your average league 2 club , thinks we have amazing fans . Well we do ,but some , think this means we have a ultimate right to not be in this lowest league were in . Get real , were in it for a reason , we don't have a massive budget , and we don't get 20 , 000 a week sticking with us though thick and thin , when the going gets tough for the players fans turn up wanting to jump on the bandwaggon because they pay money so they think they should moan , not turn up to help try and turn things around which real fans do ! Tell me , would , you take a group of people calling you the most vile names under the sun and giving you a load of abuse while your trying to do your job ? Would you Want to talk to them ?Do you really think the first half of the season was players showing a lack of ambition when we were a few points clear at the top ? No , bet you were all smug then .
    Read my post again , I was answering the previous guys post about SOME fans , don't take it personally unless your one of the ones who does act like that on a sat , which by the sounds of it , you are
    Bang on!!
    You don't like fans who criticise failure because somehow your opinion is more important? Do players support fans through thick and thin or do they just move to other clubs? Fans tend to stay long after the players they once backed have moved on. How do fans turn things round? Players&manageme


    nt are supposed to do that. I know we are in it league two for a reason and it has nothing to do with supporters yet all you do is attack fans who disagree with you. Not the most intelligent argument you'll ever have.
    Not the most intelligent argument I'll ever have ? I think you should listen to yourself . I've never attacked fans who disagree with me because I don't really ever give negative opinions to the club I support , and I won't do that until I hear something that I don't agree with from the horses mouth but I will comment on what i see as pathetic disgusting behaviour from our fans and rediculous posts from people who don't have a clue !
    Do players stay at clubs and be loyal to the fans ? Possibly the most stupid quote I've ever heard , there league 2 level players or have been conference , not exactly going to earn enough at OUFC to retire on and not exactly on 30 grand a week to do that . It's modern day football! Who the heck stays at a club for a long period . Managers have to change things otherwise they move on !
    My apologies I thought I was debating with someone with at least one tenth of a functional brain& I've clearly overrated the breadth of your capability to understand the difference between players,management&a
    mp;s
    upporters. 'Pathetic disgusting behaviour from fans?? There you go again sitting on your throne as if you're the clubs number one fan. Your comments to Big Al are a perfect example of your ignorance.
    Ut owe I've come across big ALS twin haven't i !! ?
    Your losing yourself in your own debate sun shine , maybe it's because I hit the nail on the head with my posts and you don't like it . So please explain , when you say players should be loyal to fans in this day in age in league 2 football when some players get treated like they do at our club by certain sections of fans ?"
  • This field is mandatory
  • This field is mandatory
  • Please note we will not accept reports with HTML tags or URLs in them.


  • Enter the above word in the box below

Update: Danny Hylton is Waddock's first signing for Oxford United

Oxford Mail: Danny Hylton Danny Hylton

Rotherham striker Danny Hylton has signed for Oxford United and declared: I can't want to start.

United unveiled what is manager Gary Waddock's first signing this morning.

Hylton spent time on loan at AFC Wimbledon and Bury FC last season and after failing to establish himself in Steve Evans’s first-team plans was allowed the opportunity to seek a move elsewhere.

He said: "It has been a frustrating time at Rotherham and I am really pleased to join Oxford on a permanent basis. I have played against them a number of times and know it’s an ambitious club with good players and I am really looking forward to it.

“I enjoyed working with Gary Waddock at Aldershot and I played some of the best football of my career under him. His sides work hard for each other and play good football and I can’t wait to be part of that next season.”

Waddock said: “Danny has a great attitude and wants to show what he can do again.  He maybe has a point to prove and is hungry to do well here.

“He scores his fair share of goals but he also links things together and brings others into play. He is versatile, can play all across the front line, has pace and I believe he will do well for us.”

Local Businesses

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree