OXFORD United will host Sky Bet League One champions Wolverhampton Wanderers as part of their warm-up for the new season.
The friendly against Kenny Jackett’s men, who broke the 100-point barrier on the way back to the Championship, is the first confirmed date for United’s pre-season.
Wolves will visit the Kassam Stadium on Tuesday, July 29.
The two sides last met competitively in 2000, when Wolves won a two-legged League Cup tie 3-2 on aggregate.
United have also agreed three other games, plus a behind closed doors fixture at Colchester United.
Oxford United's pre-season so far (more games to be confirmed):
- Sat, 12th: Farnborough (a) 2pm
- Tues, 15th: Oxford City (a) 7.45pm
- Thurs, 17th: Colchester United (a) - behind closed doors
- Sat, 19th: Didcot Town (a) 3pm
- Tues, 29th: Wolverhampton Wanderers (H) 7.45pm
Latest Sport news
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales near 4,000 target
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- GOLF: Steady Eddie Pepperell gets off to solid start at the French Open
- BOWLS: Carterton suffer blow to Oxfordshire League Division 1 title hopes
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire teenager Alexis Canter handed junior Wimbledon wildcard
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve