OXFORD United will host Sky Bet League One champions Wolverhampton Wanderers as part of their warm-up for the new season.
The friendly against Kenny Jackett’s men, who broke the 100-point barrier on the way back to the Championship, is the first confirmed date for United’s pre-season.
Wolves will visit the Kassam Stadium on Tuesday, July 29.
The two sides last met competitively in 2000, when Wolves won a two-legged League Cup tie 3-2 on aggregate.
United have also agreed three other games, plus a behind closed doors fixture at Colchester United.
Oxford United's pre-season so far (more games to be confirmed):
- Sat, 12th: Farnborough (a) 2pm
- Tues, 15th: Oxford City (a) 7.45pm
- Thurs, 17th: Colchester United (a) - behind closed doors
- Sat, 19th: Didcot Town (a) 3pm
- Tues, 29th: Wolverhampton Wanderers (H) 7.45pm
Latest Sport news
- Kane Hemmings out to make immediate impact at Oxford United
- Majority of Oxford United fans in poll prepared to boycott EFL Trophy
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Tom Anstice claims three titles and breaks Radley club record
- BOWLS: Singles champion Chris Gilkes comes so close to historic Oxfordshire title double
- BOWLS: Headington and Carterton to vie for Oxfordshire League crown
- ATHLETICS: James Bolton wins Waddesdon Manor 5km title
- RUGBY UNION: Scrum half Greg Goodfellow backs Richard Thorpe to be big hit at Chinnor
- BAR BILLIARDS: Berinsfield in fine form in Johnson’s Buildbase Oxford & District Summer League
- Oxford United sign striker Kane Hemmings from Dundee in six-figure move
- WATCH: Videos of Oxford United's new signing Kane Hemmings scoring for Dundee