OAKLEY maintained their four-point advantage at the top of the Premier League with a 3-0 success at bottom club Garsington.

They had Shayne Almond (2) to thank for the points, as he showed come clinical finishing and then set up Kieran Schmidt for the third.

Horspath and Mansfield Road remain firmly on Oakley’s trail thanks to home wins.

The former despatched Stonesfield 2-1 to keep a grasp on second place.

The visitors settled quickly and scored first through Zed Omar, who fired into an empty net after a defensive mix-up.

Horspath rallied and Sam Gordon levelled from close range before Rob Cattell headed home the winner.

Mansfield just about scraped home in a tight encounter with Marston Saints.

They edged it 1-0 with the headed goal from Steve West coming very late in the game.

However they are very much in with a shout of winning the championship having three games in hand on the leaders.

Under-strength Bletchingdon, shorn of seven regular players, thumped Riverside 6-1.

It was 5-0 at half time via Andy McMahon (2), Craig Hanlon, Adam Wells and Ben Foster, before Liam O’Callaghan replied from the spot.

Piers McGlynn then smashed in number six for the hosts.

Freeland, in fourth, lost ground when they were beaten away to Oxford University Press 1-0 in the last minute.

Defences were on top until the dying moment, when Sean Hurcombe was hauled down in the area and Neil Lockhart gave the Freeland goalkeeper no chance with a rocket of a penalty.

The top two in Division 1 fought out a 2-2 draw, which leaves visitors Kidlington Res three points ahead of Eynsham.

The home side led 2-0 at the break thanks to Billy Jones and Jamie Hodges.

In a frantic second half Dano Mason and James Butler levelled, the equaliser coming from the spot.

Watlington came from behind to defeat Yarnton 3-2 at home.

The visitors took the lead through Stefan Lutener but they couldn’t cope with Pete Ashman, who rifled in a hat-trick. Michael Trafford pulled one back, but it was too late.

Middleton Cheney won 1-0 away to North Oxford at Cutteslowe Park.

Ryan Morkan scored just before half time with a well-taken free kick.

Northway were twice ahead but had to settle for a 2-2 home draw against Kidlington Old Boys.

Lewis Welby and Kyle Pullen were on the mark, while Kristian Thomas and Daniel Burrows replied for Old Boys.

Middleton Cheney Res hammered Marston Saints Res 5-0 in Division 2.

Ed Somerton put the hosts in front mid-way through the first half and a Mike Ramsdale free kick ten minutes before the break made sure they had a comfortable advantage at the interval.

Two goals from Steve O’Brien and another from strike partner Josh Hart sealed it.

Freeland Res saw off visitors Mansfield Rd Res 3-1 with Tom Gerken landing a double. Paul Salter got their third with Nick Talbot replying.

Two goals from Kyle Forbes gave Adderbury Res the points with a 2-0 home win against OUP Res.

After a goalless first half, Adderbury pressure paid off when Forbes found the target.

The same man then finished it with a penalty straight down the middle.

Yarnton Res and Division 3 champions-elect Oakley Res shared the spoils from a 1-1 draw.

Luke Brennan gave the hosts Yarnton the lead, but Steve Wren levelled with seven minutes left.


CHALGROVE swept into the semi-finals of the President’s Cup with a 3-0 success over visiting Charlton.

It was a hard-earned victory and two penalties by Ricky Armstrong either side of a Nick Skiller strike was enough to see them progress.

Broughton and North Newington Res were six hits as they crushed visitors Watlington Town Res 6-2 in Archie Goddard Cup Group A.

Broughton broke the deadlock after 20 minutes, when Steve Norman slotted home and they quickly added a second from Laurence Caro.

Five minutes later Watlington were back in it when the referee awarded a spot kick for handball against Andy Sharman and Connor Blanachi converted.

Caro restored Broughton’s two goal cushion and Ben Evans, Josh Hunt, James Castle made it six before Blanachi hit another for Watlington.